Windows 10: SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

Discus and support SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by abreneliere, Aug 25, 2019.

1. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

Hello,

It is an issue that has last since Windows 10 build 1803 when HDR capabilities have been introduced in Windows 10. I just reinstalled Windows (last version) on a blank disk and I still have the issue.

After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen.

The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the correct saved value (around 60% in my case), but I have to touch it (every day) to have my screen at the correct SDR brightness.

It is a very annoying bug and I don't understand why it has not been fixed since april 2018. It is not event listed in the known issues:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4040263/windows-10-hdr-advanced-color-settings

Thank you for reply

:)

abreneliere, Aug 25, 2019

2. Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

Hello,

I have two displays: one HDR capable display (Samsung LC32HG7) and a non HDR display (Iiyama).

I set the SDR content appearance slide to 50% on the LC32HG7 display.

When I change to another user's session and I go back to my session the HDR screen goes dark.

When I open the Windows HD colour settings the slide is set to the previously set value (50%) but I have to touch the slide to have my HDR screen with the correct brightness.

I have had this Window's 10 bug since the first version that support HDR. I have to make this operation every day because my computer is used by other members of the family.

For more information about this problem: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Thank you

abreneliere, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

1. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change - Similar Threads - SDR Content appearance

2. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  3. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.: So I have a laptop connected to a samsung TV via HDMI, but after 30 mins or so, the TV screen becomes dim and dark. I followed one of the tutorials on the Samsung website and it says I need to adjust the "SDR content appearance" slider to get the right balance, but that...
  4. "SDR content appearance" Slider is missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. SDR content brightness revert to 0 after monitor HDR status change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SDR content brightness revert to 0 after monitor HDR status change: I'm currently running windows 11 OS build 22000.282, using Odyssey G9 monitor from Samsung showing as LC49G95T in 'Settings-System-Display-HDR'.After use HDR option turned on, my monitor blacked for a few seconds, then at the top left corner it shows 'DisplayPort1 HDR', then...
  6. SDR content brightness revert to 0 after monitor HDR status change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SDR content brightness revert to 0 after monitor HDR status change: I'm currently running windows 11 OS build 22000.282, using Odyssey G9 monitor from Samsung showing as LC49G95T in 'Settings-System-Display-HDR'.After use HDR option turned on, my monitor blacked for a few seconds, then at the top left corner it shows 'DisplayPort1 HDR', then...
  7. Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback

Best value for "SDR Content Appearance" in Windows HD Color Settings for HDR video playback: Hi, I'm having trouble setting up HDR video playback on my new 2019 HP Spectre 15.6 OLED laptop. I'm running Windows 10 64 bit. Although I can play HDR video from VLC and Netflix, I'm having trouble adjusting it When I go into "Windows HD Color Settings" I only see a...
  8. SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change

SDR Content appearance setting issue: dark screen after each user session change: Hello, After each user session change, that means every day since april 2018, I have to adjust the SDR content appearance setting because this setting value is not taken into account at logon. The result is a dark screen. The SDR Content appearance slide remains at the...
  9. Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804)

Very annoying Windows bug about SDR content appearance setting (since Windows 1804): Hello, I have two displays: one HDR capable display (Samsung LC32HG7) and a non HDR display (Iiyama). I set the SDR content appearance slide to 50% on the LC32HG7 display. When I change to another user's session and I go back to my session the HDR screen goes dark....
  10. Change to Dark Screen

Change to Dark Screen: How can I enable the dark theme of Windows 10, so I can rest my eyes at night? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-dark-screen/8ef3bcfd-698d-48fe-8e45-760a7a6322f8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set sdr# theme

2. sdr content appearance full still to dark