Windows 10: SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation

Discus and support SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10. I have a ScanDisk SDXC card that operates as D:\. This works most of the time, however, in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RJAB, Jun 6, 2020.

1. RJAB Win User

SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 6 running Windows 10. I have a ScanDisk SDXC card that operates as D:\. This works most of the time, however, in the middle of normal operations, it suddenly becomes unavailable, and D:\ disappears from the File Explorer. When I restart it will return and operate normally. However this is mighty inconvenient. The Surface Pro 6 and Windows 10 are both regularly up dated. This problem has occurred intermittently over the last 9 months of use.

Have other people experienced this problem? Is there a fix available?

Thank you. Rodney.

:)

RJAB, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Eric Ber Win User

Trying to install apps onto an sdxc card

Hi John,

Conflicts with the SDXC card file system is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to download a file or install an application to your SDXC card. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Which version and OS build number of Windows 10 is currently installed? To check, press the Windows key, type winver, and press the Enter key.
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Do you received any error messages?
    • Have you tried using a different SDXC card, and check if you will be able to experience the same issue?
    • Have you tried to copy/paste a file from your C: drive to your SDXC card?
    • Have you tried inserting your SDXC card to a different device?
    • What is the file system of your SDXC card?

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try to reformat your SDXC card to a NTFS file system and check if it helps.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

Eric Ber, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Moving Windows 10 Apps to SDXC Card

I've got a few apps that I want to move from C: to D: ( The SDXC card). When I attempt to do so, (Settings, System, Apps & Features) I'm getting an error:

"We couldn't move <app name>. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070490 in case you need it."

This was working the other day. The SDXC card is formatted NTFS. Don't see anything immediately obvious in the event logs (System, Application, AppxDeployment/Operational.)

Caesar1(1), Jun 6, 2020
  4. SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation

sdxc card/faulty??

i moved video files to sdxc card..can no longer get them to play

BHSsilvers, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation

1. SDXC Card as D:\ intermittently becomes unavailable during operation - Similar Threads - SDXC Card intermittently

2. D:\Desctop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D:\Desctop is unavailable: Good afternoon!I have the following problem:I have a laptopDevice name LAPTOP-REQ9C9O8 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.3 GB usable Device ID 013B1A08-FA3F-4A1A-A598-005B3A097812 Product ID 00342-21928-10328-AAOEM System type...
  3. D:\Desctop is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D:\Desctop is unavailable: Good afternoon!I have the following problem:I have a laptopDevice name LAPTOP-REQ9C9O8 Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600H with Radeon Graphics 3.30 GHz Installed RAM 16.0 GB 15.3 GB usable Device ID 013B1A08-FA3F-4A1A-A598-005B3A097812 Product ID 00342-21928-10328-AAOEM System type...
  4. D:\photo is unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    D:\photo is unavailable: D:\photo is unavailable I had copied my photos from a hard disk to a D drive But i m nt abt to find the photo know [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dphoto-is-unavailable/75902ac2-ee71-4bf2-8913-7bc67de47054
  5. D:\ Desktop is unavailable

D:\ Desktop is unavailable: Today i got on my PC and my desktop was empty. Everything on my D drive hard disk is not accessible. When I try to open something thats on it a window pops up that says "D:\the folder is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or...
  6. D:/ drive unavailable

D:/ drive unavailable: Hey I am experiencing a problem where my secondary hard drive is unavailable. It's a local HDD inside of the laptop. I can use the laptop normally since windows is on my c:/ drive SSD but I cannot access my other files. I keep getting this error message when trying to access...
  7. D:/ drive unavailable

D:/ drive unavailable: Hey I am experiencing a problem where my secondary hard drive is unavailable. It's a local HDD inside of the laptop. I can use the laptop normally since windows is on my c:/ drive SSD but I cannot access my other files. I keep getting this error message when trying to access...
  8. Intermittent USB Operation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intermittent USB Operation: Hi MS Community, I just got a new Xeon based machine with the nVIDA RTX5000 video card. The system is running Windows 10 Pro ver 1903. The problem is with the USB ports. They keep connecting/disconnecting many times per minute. If I connect an external USB hard drive, I...
  9. PC won't recognise 64 Gb SDXC card

PC won't recognise 64 Gb SDXC card: I bought 2 64Gb SDXC cards back in September and my PC running Windows 10 PRO recognised these cards and I was able to write to them. I bought another one a few days ago, but the PC will not recognise the card and when I tried the 2 cards I already had again, it wouldn't...
  10. RAID Drive becomes unavailable

RAID Drive becomes unavailable: I am running Win 10 Pro 64 bit. I have a RAID drive set up on my F drive. When I turn on my system it runs fine and is available, but after the PC sits idle for some time none of the files inside of it are available. In My PC I can still see the F drive listed, but I cannot...