Windows 10: Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it

Discus and support Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Every time I click play on the windows store to start Sea of Thieves the game instantly crashes. I called support and tried all the methods ppl where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by oSillyo, Feb 5, 2019.

1. oSillyo Win User

Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it

Every time I click play on the windows store to start Sea of Thieves the game instantly crashes. I called support and tried all the methods ppl where telling me to do to fix it nothing works PLEASE HELP.

:)

oSillyo, Feb 5, 2019

2. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 5, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Unable to download Sea of Thieves from Store

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly follow the below steps.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store and click on the Account icon on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Enter the email address that you used during the purchase of Sea Of Thieves game. (The email address that you have received as purchase verification mail for Sea Of Thieves).

Step 3: Once you have logged into Microsoft Store, search for Sea Of Thieves game by clicking on the Search bar on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 4: Select the Sea Of Thieves game, download and install.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it

I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

This workaround worked for me first time of trying it. I had the same issue as the OP.

M0NK3YR0N1N, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it

1. Sea of Thieve crashes everytime I open it - Similar Threads - Sea Thieve crashes

2. Sea of Thieves Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves Crashing: Sea of Thieves keeps crashing randomly, here is the event, not sure what the issue isFaulting application name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Faulting module name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault...
  3. Sea of Thieves Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sea of Thieves Crashing: Sea of Thieves keeps crashing randomly, here is the event, not sure what the issue isFaulting application name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Faulting module name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault...
  4. Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves: Hi,I am unable to install Sea od Thieves. Every time I try to install it the download errors with error code 0x80070005 and this message which isn't useful whatsoever. I've have searched online for this error code and tried the few steps I have found but nothing has worked...
  5. Sea of thieves crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves crashing on launch: I am really pissed about that problem, i bought a new PC to play Sea of thieves... but now its not working anymore... i just phoned the Microsoft Support about 2 hours.. and still its crashing on start... Seems like no one can help not even the Sea of thieves Insider...
  6. sea of thieves wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sea of thieves wont open: why hello there, I'm currently having issues opening and playing sea of thieves on my computer, I can open the game and it shows the screen you see before the game loads up, stays there for a few minutes, than closes itself without a error message, please help me....
  7. Sea of thieves crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves crashing: On my pc my sea of thieves crashes after about 10 seconds after launch please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves-crashing/e1bb1d66-92c5-43b4-8d11-5f6cd5921a84
  8. Sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves: I dont own a Xbox. I downloaded "Sea of thieves" but it takes me to xbox sign in and cant go anywhere. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves/05e046b7-1e1c-4ecd-b37c-adab47c64d8c
  9. Sea of thieves

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of thieves: I bought sea of thieves for pc and xbox but I don't know how to download it for pc, pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves/a3ba58b5-5e5c-4c6e-b0dc-691bbfe74fdb"
  10. Sea Of Thieves Crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sea Of Thieves Crashing: Hey Guys just wondering if anyone can assist me in figuring out as to why my game keeps crashing? I am on Windows 10 PC and bought the Xbox game pass and proceeded to download sea of thieves, it worked beautifully and I was playing with my friends on Xbox. however it suddenly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sea of thieves crashes instantly

2. sea of thieves crashing instantly

3. sea of thieves crashes on open

4. sea of thieves critical file is missing,
  5. sea of thieves opens and crashes,
  6. sea of thieves crashes on opening with windows defender\,
  7. xbox game pass pc keeps crashing,
  8. sea of thieves opens and instantly crashes,
  9. sea of thieves crashes everytime i start it,
  10. sea of thieve crashing to desktop february 2019,
  11. sea of thieves not working pc