Windows 10: Sea of Thieves crashes on startup (Windows 10)

Discus and support Sea of Thieves crashes on startup (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I read the SoT help page step by step, read various forums and came to no result. The problem is that when I start the game I only see the Sea of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Speci., Sep 23, 2019.

1. Speci. Win User

Sea of Thieves crashes on startup (Windows 10)

I read the SoT help page step by step, read various forums and came to no result. The problem is that when I start the game I only see the Sea of Thieves logo and then shortly after that of Rare... Shortly afterwards the game closes. Without an error message, it's just gone. I've also checked if I can access the path of SoT at all, I've run the game as an administrator, checked the whole PC for Viruses, trojans, malware, updates and everything else. Yes, I have even restarted the PC and reinstalled the game... There are, to my knowledge, no error reports/logs. Here I have a little overview of my PC:

Processor:
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz

Graphic card:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

RAM:
    12 GB

System Type:
    64-Bit operating system, x64-based processor

*some information could include German/European units, as I come from Germany

In short, I would be glad about an answer or a solution.

:)

Speci., Sep 23, 2019

2. Sea of Thieves Crashing issue on Window 10

Hey everyone

I am having issue when starting Sea of Thieves I start the game see the logo goes to black few sec later it crashes the game with no error code I been reinstalling the game multiple time reset the game and following the steps what sea of thieves posted in
    the forums it worked perfectly before the big update this year but now it doesn't work at all I tried playing another game works perfect but sea of thieves doesn't work at all I tried playing insider that works and start but the main build doesn't also updated
    all my drives

FPSRUSSIA70, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Sea of Thieves not available?

Hi HideTheHorizon,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the Microsoft Store app doesn't work as it should.

• Have you signed in to the same account that was used for purchase?

Suggest you to refer to the following information from this article
    "To find out what regions you can purchase Sea of Thieves in, and what languages are currently supported refer to the useful articles on the Sea of Thieves".

Sea of Thieves FAQ: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-titles/sea-of-thieves-faq

Troubleshoot problems with Xbox Play Anywhere games:
    Troubleshoot Problems with Xbox Play Anywhere Games

Hope this helps and let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Sea of Thieves crashes on startup (Windows 10)

I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Sep 23, 2019
Thema:

Sea of Thieves crashes on startup (Windows 10)

1. Sea of Thieves crashes on startup (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Sea Thieves crashes

2. Sea of Thieves Crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves Crashing: Sea of Thieves keeps crashing randomly, here is the event, not sure what the issue isFaulting application name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Faulting module name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault...
  3. Sea of Thieves Crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sea of Thieves Crashing: Sea of Thieves keeps crashing randomly, here is the event, not sure what the issue isFaulting application name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Faulting module name: SoTGame.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x62c6adc7Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault...
  4. Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves: Hi,I am unable to install Sea od Thieves. Every time I try to install it the download errors with error code 0x80070005 and this message which isn't useful whatsoever. I've have searched online for this error code and tried the few steps I have found but nothing has worked...
  5. SEA OF THİEVES CRASHİNG PROBLEM ON WİNDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SEA OF THİEVES CRASHİNG PROBLEM ON WİNDOWS 10: I'am playing on windows 10 and my game crashes because of driver error but my driver is enough to handle the game in the highest video settings my driver:rx 5700 xt my processor:ryzen 5 3600 my ssd:samsung evo 860 m2 ssd...
  6. Sea of thieves crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves crashing on launch: I am really pissed about that problem, i bought a new PC to play Sea of thieves... but now its not working anymore... i just phoned the Microsoft Support about 2 hours.. and still its crashing on start... Seems like no one can help not even the Sea of thieves Insider...
  7. Sea of thieves crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves crashing: On my pc my sea of thieves crashes after about 10 seconds after launch please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves-crashing/e1bb1d66-92c5-43b4-8d11-5f6cd5921a84
  8. Sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves: I dont own a Xbox. I downloaded "Sea of thieves" but it takes me to xbox sign in and cant go anywhere. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves/05e046b7-1e1c-4ecd-b37c-adab47c64d8c
  9. Sea of Thieves Crashing issue on Window 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves Crashing issue on Window 10: Hey everyone I am having issue when starting Sea of Thieves I start the game see the logo goes to black few sec later it crashes the game with no error code I been reinstalling the game multiple time reset the game and following the steps what sea of thieves posted in the...
  10. Sea Of Thieves Crashing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sea Of Thieves Crashing: Hey Guys just wondering if anyone can assist me in figuring out as to why my game keeps crashing? I am on Windows 10 PC and bought the Xbox game pass and proceeded to download sea of thieves, it worked beautifully and I was playing with my friends on Xbox. however it suddenly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sea of thieves crashes on startup

2. sea of thieves crash on startup

3. sea of thieves crash on start