Windows 10: Sea of thieves not launching

Discus and support Sea of thieves not launching in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Downloaded and installed game with Xbox app in Windows 10.Have game pass.Windows and drivers up-to-date.Shows the splash screen briefly, then... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by SamuelNewsome, May 6, 2021.

1. Sea of thieves not launching

Downloaded and installed game with Xbox app in Windows 10.Have game pass.Windows and drivers up-to-date.Shows the splash screen briefly, then disappears.Sam

:)

SamuelNewsome, May 6, 2021
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Unable to launch sea of thieves

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues launching sea of thieves on the PC.
    We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

• Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

Meanwhile, you may want to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    Sea of Thieves is not Launching.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, May 6, 2021
  3. sea of thieves

Today I downloaded sea of thieves on my windows 10. I opened sea of thieves and it suddenly closed the game after a split second, I tried multiple times but got nothing, any suggestions?

FatFishTank, May 6, 2021
  4. Sea of thieves not launching

I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, May 6, 2021
Thema:

Sea of thieves not launching

1. Sea of thieves not launching - Similar Threads - Sea thieves launching

2. Sea of Thieves not launching.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves not launching.: I had just installed SoT on the Microsoft store on my D drive and was looking forward to playing but it crashed on startup. It kept crashing and wouldn't work so I tried looking it up and doing all the typical fixes. I reinstalled the game even though it was almost 100GB...
  3. Sea of Thieves not launching.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sea of Thieves not launching.: I had just installed SoT on the Microsoft store on my D drive and was looking forward to playing but it crashed on startup. It kept crashing and wouldn't work so I tried looking it up and doing all the typical fixes. I reinstalled the game even though it was almost 100GB...
  4. Sea of thieves not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves not launching: Hello and I hope you're having a nice day,sea of thieves keeps opening to the sign in screen, then immediately crashing. I've tried reinstalling about 5 times and using all fixes I could find online about this.including reinstalling then running commands like: Get-AppXPackage...
  5. Sea of thieves not launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sea of thieves not launching: Hello and I hope you're having a nice day,sea of thieves keeps opening to the sign in screen, then immediately crashing. I've tried reinstalling about 5 times and using all fixes I could find online about this.including reinstalling then running commands like: Get-AppXPackage...
  6. Sea of thieves not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  7. Sea Of Thieves refuses to launch

Sea Of Thieves refuses to launch: In short Sea Of Thieves on Steam refuses to launch, it claims it has corrupted files in the content pak folder. I have tried every single fix on the planet, not even RARE can seem to fix it! Is there anyway that my copy on Steam is downloading corrupted content pak files feom...
  8. sea of thieves wont launch

sea of thieves wont launch: i get the starting app but then the app doesnt do anything and stops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves-wont-launch/02be0e81-4eff-48fa-8d68-37b96de27ad3
  9. Sea of thieves crashing on launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves crashing on launch: I am really pissed about that problem, i bought a new PC to play Sea of thieves... but now its not working anymore... i just phoned the Microsoft Support about 2 hours.. and still its crashing on start... Seems like no one can help not even the Sea of thieves Insider...
  10. Sea Of Thieves won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea Of Thieves won't launch: I recently reinstalled Sea Of Thieves via the Microsoft store on PC using GamePass. The game was working perfectly fine a month or two ago but now it just sits on a black screen with the game's logo in the middle for a few minutes then closes. I've tried all of the...