Windows 10: Sea of thieves wont download from windows store with error code 0x80242022

Discus and support Sea of thieves wont download from windows store with error code 0x80242022 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Title says it all, other games and apps will still download but sea of thieves won't. It immediately stops and gives the error.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NicholasCrawford1, Feb 6, 2019.

1. Sea of thieves wont download from windows store with error code 0x80242022

Title says it all, other games and apps will still download but sea of thieves won't. It immediately stops and gives the error.

:)

NicholasCrawford1, Feb 6, 2019

2. I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the delayed response. We identified this issue regards downloading Sea of Thieves from Windows Store App and we still working on it to fix the problem. As a workaround, we suggest following the steps below:

• Cancel all existing download on the Store app.
    • Start the download of Sea of Thieves once again.
    • As soon as the download starts, immediately restart the computer.
    • After the reboot, do not launch the Store app instead wait for the passive download which you can check in the Action Center. Then it will automatically install by itself and then open the game without any issues.

For any results, please let us know.

Genevieve Cri, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Unable to download Sea of Thieves from Store

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly follow the below steps.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store and click on the Account icon on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Enter the email address that you used during the purchase of Sea Of Thieves game. (The email address that you have received as purchase verification mail for Sea Of Thieves).

Step 3: Once you have logged into Microsoft Store, search for Sea Of Thieves game by clicking on the Search bar on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 4: Select the Sea Of Thieves game, download and install.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Sea of thieves wont download from windows store with error code 0x80242022

I cannot download Sea of Thieves on PC from microsoft store.

This workaround worked for me first time of trying it. I had the same issue as the OP.

M0NK3YR0N1N, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

Sea of thieves wont download from windows store with error code 0x80242022

1. Sea of thieves wont download from windows store with error code 0x80242022 - Similar Threads - Sea thieves wont

2. Sea of thieves error code 0x80070005

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Sea of thieves error code 0x80070005: My friend buyed the game 1 and a half hour ago, he tried to install it and it gives the error listed above. When he preesses install even on xbox app and microsoft store it gives the error at 0%. He is not the single one to have this problem because the forum of sea of...
  3. error code 0xC03F6603 with sea of thieves

error code 0xC03F6603 with sea of thieves: when trying to download sea of thieves it first says starting installation the it says something with license and then it just says error and the error code is 0xC03F6603 its frustrating as its the only game that does this and i payed 40$ for it...
  4. sea of thieves wont launch

sea of thieves wont launch: i get the starting app but then the app doesnt do anything and stops https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves-wont-launch/02be0e81-4eff-48fa-8d68-37b96de27ad3
  5. Sea of Thieves not downloading

Sea of Thieves not downloading: I deleted Sea of Thieves and my plan was to move it to my other drive on my pc. when I uninstalled it through the windows search bar when it came up I go to the Microsoft store and to my library its not showing up sea of thieves. But when I look it up in the Microsoft store...
  6. sea of thieves wont open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sea of thieves wont open: why hello there, I'm currently having issues opening and playing sea of thieves on my computer, I can open the game and it shows the screen you see before the game loads up, stays there for a few minutes, than closes itself without a error message, please help me....
  7. Sea of thieves stuck on "downloading sea of thieves..." for hours

Sea of thieves stuck on "downloading sea of thieves..." for hours: other games normally display a Mb/s rate, but sea of thieves isnt giving any of this and the progress meter isnt going up. Ive tried reseting pc, deleting cache, reseting pc as it downloads as a workaround but nothing. Any help?[ATTACH]...
  8. Can't download sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't download sea of thieves from the Microsoft Store: I just bought sea of thieves on the micrMicro store for my windows 10 PC. When I click on install, I only get this error message: "Try again later. Something happened at our end". How long until this issue is resolved?...
  9. Sea Of Thieves wont install

Sea Of Thieves wont install: Hi, Im Trying to install Sea Of Thieves but cant! It wont Allow Me to it sort of does i mean it lets me install it but then when i start it it goes up to 1gb+ download speed then comes down to about 200mb but i only get around 12mb/s and then when it finish's it add's more...
  10. Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9)

Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9): Hi all, I recently bought Sea of Thieves, but I'm having trouble downloading the game. Whenever I try to download the game, it stops automatically after 30 seconds or so giving error code 0x80073cf9. I tried several things that I found on this forum to solve it but none...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sea of thieves wont start downloading on microsoft store

2. 0x80242022 error installing sea of thieves

3. sea of thieves wont download

4. microsoft store 0x80242022 ,
  5. sea of thieves install wont start microsoft store,
  6. 0x80242022 windows 10 store,
  7. sea of thieves error 0x80242022