Windows 10: Seagate 2tb external drive

Discus and support Seagate 2tb external drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrandonHeng, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Seagate 2tb external drive

Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do

:)

BrandonHeng, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Sep 25, 2018
  3. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Seagate 2tb external drive

Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Portable Drive

Is this drive (Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Portable Drive) compatible with windows 10 and how do I go about making it work? I installed it while on windows 7 and I forgot that I had allowed windows installer to upgrade my OS to windows 10 the
    same night while I was sleeping. I woke up around 6:30am and checked if it (scheduled backup for 3am)worked. The Dashboard said that the backup was halted at 5% and I kept trying to make it continue running and it would work for around 20 seconds or so for
    a few times and quit (it would say it had halted each time with a new increment and I got it to go to 21% and no more). I finally unplugged the drive and uninstalled the Seagate Drivers and have not attempted to reinstall it yet. Any help would be welcomed
    & appreciated! Thanks!

JosephTolliver, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Seagate 2tb external drive

1. Seagate 2tb external drive - Similar Threads - Seagate 2tb external

2. Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Seagate 2tb Ultraslim HDD: Hi everyone. I am running Win 11 on an Acer Nitro AN515-55 I have a Seagate 2TB UltraSlim external hard drive. Last November my laptop started to update without my knowledge and froze. I rebooted and the laptop was stuck in boot. I realized the external hard drive was still...
  3. Slow USB3 copy rate Lenovo E560 Seagate 2TB external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow USB3 copy rate Lenovo E560 Seagate 2TB external drive: I found a number of posts in 2017 about this problem but have found no solution. My E560 is an i7 with 16gb and a 240gb Samsung SSD Windows 10 Pro My copy rate starts at 1-2 mb/sec and soon drops to zero. Using the USB3 port I get very fast downloads from an SD card....
  4. 2tb external hard drive issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2tb external hard drive issues: i inadvertently copied the complete hard drive, including bootable. from an old desktop i was getting rid of. now, I am unable to use the hard drive. I have used DBAN. I have used every method i can find on line. Diskpart. CMD prompt. Windows file explorer, you name it. I am...
  5. New Seagate 2TB HDD as an external drive connected via USB3 cable. Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New Seagate 2TB HDD as an external drive connected via USB3 cable. Windows 10: The above drive appears in the BIOS, and I think in the device manager, but NOWHERE else. I want to format the drive, and use it. It is connected to an ASUS Notebook laptop....
  6. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?: Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know...
  7. Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup does not recognize Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB External Drive: Hi, I've been facing this problem for a long time now. Tried many options mentioned in various forums on the same topic but could not find a resolution that could work for me. Here is a brief description of my problem: 1) My Seagate Backup Plus Slim 2TB is showing up...
  8. Suddenly Windows Will Not Recognize My 2TB Seagate USB External Drive

Suddenly Windows Will Not Recognize My 2TB Seagate USB External Drive: Before I recently upgraded my computer from Win 7 Pro to Win 10 Pro, the drive was working fine. But now Windows will not recognize the drive.......although it does show up in Disk Management, there is no content. I then ran the utility EaseUS Partition Master, and...
  9. 2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management)

2TB Seagate drive not recognized Windows 10 (no Disk Management): I have a 2TB Seagate GoFlex Desk external hard drive that works fine on my previous Windows XP computer (I know, very old) but is not recognized at all on my less-than-a-year old Toshiba laptop (S55-C5274) running Windows 10. I have been through support with Seagate,...
  10. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....