Windows 10: Seagate 8TB Drive Issues

Discus and support Seagate 8TB Drive Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello All Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1055 M.2 Boot drive Windows Defender fully up to date/Malwarebytes 4.4.0 Free Fully up to date as well Issue is:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMDMan2016, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Seagate 8TB Drive Issues

Hello All Windows 10 Pro 21H1 19043.1055 M.2 Boot drive Windows Defender fully up to date/Malwarebytes 4.4.0 Free Fully up to date as well Issue is: Slow External Drive when writing or reading from it, Ran Part way with Disk Genius verify/bad sector scan, when i stopped it was only 15 percent done, and had about 3966 of Severe rated ones. Tried Full erase with Seagate tools--That failed immediately, Long Generic scan wasn't moving at all Is this Drive really dead? Crystal Disk info said it was ok lol, i was like how it is ok lol Should i reconnect it, and run some more diagnostic on it over night, or attempt full format again, and then run Disk Genius again to see if it sees any more bad sectors after that

:)

AMDMan2016, Jun 15, 2021
  2. muchomurka, Jun 15, 2021
  3. btarunr Win User
    Thecus Adds Support for 8TB Seagate Enterprise 3.5 Hard Drives

Thecus today announced the addition of Seagate's 8TB Enterprise 3.5 hard drives to its compatibility list. By incorporating Seagate's 8TB HDD, Thecus NAS users will be able to maximize storage capacity while experiencing enhanced performance and reliability.

Boasting the industry's best response times for 8TB Drives, the Seagate Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD leverages comprehensive advanced caching technology to reach unparalleled data transfer speeds. Other advanced technologies including PowerBalance, PowerChoice, and Raid Rebuilt enables users to customize their big data requirements and optimize TCO.

Seagate 8TB Drive Issues 6a_thm.jpg

"Providing compatibility to new, cutting-edge technologies is essential to Thecus and allows users to utilize the best the industry has to offer with their Thecus NAS, said Florence Shih, CEO at Thecus Technology Corp. Pairing the 8TB Seagate Enterprise 3.5 Hard Drives with Thecus NAS empower organizations using big data with a reliable, high capacity storage solution."

To discover the full range of HDD compatibility for Thecus NAS, please visit this page.

btarunr, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Seagate 8TB Drive Issues

External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?

Right, The Storage Drive is one having issues maybe as well, as takes like 3-5 hours to do system image of that one for some reason. Windows Drive is 128GB M.2 Nvme

8tb will run that test anytime here, soon as i get it plugged into Desktop and get it going... currently starting benchmark on Hitachi Storage drive in Laptop, those screenshots should be up later on this evening if all goes as planned lol

**Note Free Version of HD Tune doesn't see the fulll 8TB of the External, it sees up to 2199GB fyi** Continues with error scan as instructed though.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok Results from Hitachi Storage drive on Laptop are below

8TB results will be added when that is done in approximately 19-20 hours lol

Seagate Tools Generic scan of 8tb will be over night yet, unless don't need to now--but might do it anyways just so i cover everything

AMDMan2016, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Seagate 8TB Drive Issues

1. Seagate 8TB Drive Issues - Similar Threads - Seagate 8TB Drive

2. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    formatting external hard drive with 8tb?: Hello everyone.Wish you all a nice day.I need to format an external hard drive Seagate 8 TB, however, when I go to format I see the capacity is only 7.27 TB. Where is the rest 8TB, and what would it be the proper allocation unit size for such a drive?Thanks....
  3. formatting external hard drive with 8tb?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    formatting external hard drive with 8tb?: Hello everyone.Wish you all a nice day.I need to format an external hard drive Seagate 8 TB, however, when I go to format I see the capacity is only 7.27 TB. Where is the rest 8TB, and what would it be the proper allocation unit size for such a drive?Thanks....
  4. Seagate 8TB Desktop Freezes PC, won't show in PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate 8TB Desktop Freezes PC, won't show in PC: Hi Community,I am really having a nightmare with my External Seagate HDD 8TB Desktop Drive.I have tried multiple ways to fix it but it can't be and I just want to know what is the issue that causes all of this so I will be aware of this and won't let it happen again on my...
  5. Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding new 8TB internal Seagate Storage: I recently purchased an 8TB Seagate internal drive for extra storage. After plugging it all in I get the "Your Pc ran into a problem and needs to restart," screen. I have never had any issue adding storage before. I thought it was a bad drive so I replaced it with the same...
  6. External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?

External Enclosure 8TB Seagate Possible Issues?: Hello All Not sure if the drive itself is having issues or if it's working by design, and the slow with Macirum backups on Laptop machine to the USB 3.0 Enclosure is working as normal, average is 3-5 hours for 1 full image of the month to go, then 2 Sundays after first of...
  7. 8tb hdd issue with initializing

8tb hdd issue with initializing: So tried initializing the HDD but an error pops up saying “theres an I/O device error.” Tried everything i could, went to youtube for answers, asked a buddy etc and nothing still. Its a brand new HDD and also i have windows 10. Tried updating it but its already up to...
  8. SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SEAGATE DRIVE: Is it possible to create an ISO file on a Seagate drive to be stored alongside your File History. This storage media is not mentioned on the Windows 10 Creation Tool literature...
  9. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...
  10. Having troubles with 8Tb Seagate drives

Having troubles with 8Tb Seagate drives: I went and bought 2 8Tb drives as one 3Tb and one 4Tb had died and I thought I would "bite the bullet". I have an Asus Z87 motherboard on a system about a year old(?). I also have an SI-PEX40071 8 port SATA 3 PCIe card and a fully updated Windows 10 *Biggrin I tried the...