Windows 10: Seagate Backup Plus Drive Info Not Displayed in Explorer's Tiles Mode

Discus and support Seagate Backup Plus Drive Info Not Displayed in Explorer's Tiles Mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am using Windows 10 Spring Creators Update. I have a minor but annoying issue with an external hard drive, and am hoping someone might know... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jdanniel, Sep 8, 2018.

1. jdanniel Win User

Seagate Backup Plus Drive Info Not Displayed in Explorer's Tiles Mode

Hello, I am using Windows 10 Spring Creators Update.

I have a minor but annoying issue with an external hard drive, and am hoping someone might know if this can fixed.

I just installed a Seagate 4 TB Backup Plus portable external hard drive. It seems to be operating properly.

That's not the issue, though.

The issue is this: When I open Windows Explorer, which is in Tiles mode by default, the total and used space of the Seagate drive is not displayed. The total/used space of my C drive is displayed, and the total/used space of my other external hard drive is displayed.

If I switch to Content or Details mode, the space date is displayed. I know I can right-click on the icon, go into Properties, and see the space information. I also use a freeware program called Tree Size Free that displays the drive's space information in greater detail.

I'm just curious as to why the drive's space information isn't displayed, whereas other drives' information is. I'm assuming the issue is related to the drive itself and not Windows, but I was hoping someone might have some idea about this.

Thank you! J. Danniel

Seagate Backup Plus Drive Info Not Displayed in Explorer's Tiles Mode [​IMG]

Seagate Backup Plus Drive Info Not Displayed in Explorer's Tiles Mode [​IMG]

:)

jdanniel, Sep 8, 2018
  2. GraemeBarry Win User

Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Sep 8, 2018
  3. dpb1949 Win User
    Seagate Backup Plus

Seagate Backup Plus 5 Tb drive shows up on my Windows 10 device manager but does not show up on the file history and scheduler does not work.

Spent 2 hours with Seagate Tech support but said it's a Microsoft problem.

dpb1949, Sep 8, 2018
  4. PCR Just PCR Win User

Seagate Backup plus for mac

My two 2 TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim external drives also say "for PC & Mac". I just plugged them in & was able to use them right out of the box in Win 10...

How to use an external drive without any special software | Seagate Support

How to use an external drive without any special software

I chose not to install the bundled Seagate software, thinking I would use Win 10's own File History - but I don't even use that. (I really don't want an external drive constantly plugged in & constantly being written to.) I just copy/paste
    important files/downloads to the Seagate drive when necessary. Also, I make system images to it occasionally. So, I eventually deleted the Seagate software from the external drives.

If you decide otherwise - & the software wasn't included on the drive - I'm sure you can download it at...

http://www.seagate.com/support/external-hard-drives/portable-hard-drives/backup-plus/

Backup Plus Slim Portable (Backup Plus Portable)

Be sure to register it at...

Product Registration

Seagate product registration

PCR Just PCR, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Seagate Backup Plus Drive Info Not Displayed in Explorer's Tiles Mode - Similar Threads - Seagate Backup Plus

2. Seagate Backup Plus HDD not showing up in My Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus HDD not showing up in My Computer: I cannot see the external hard drive in "This PC." I have verified that it shows up in Device Management. And it shows up in Disk Management. It shows it's operating normally. When I populate the volume, it shows that it's online, has 4 volumes but no drive letters. I've read...
  3. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  4. Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work

Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work: Bought a Seagate Backup Plus. It works on my laptop but not on my PC. PC doesn't recognize it. How can I get it to work. I know that the drive works so the problem is with Windows 10...
  5. Seagate Dashboard and Memeo backups

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Dashboard and Memeo backups: Seagate Dashboard which runs Memeo backup software doesn't seem to work with Windows 10. When will there be a fix as automatic backups and synchronizing of drives is important to me....
  6. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  7. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...
  8. Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 1703, prior to my update I was using my external Seagate drive as my backup location, however since the update, backup is not finding the drive. The drive is working perfectly for all other tasks and is shown on Disk Managment as a...
  9. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...
  10. How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus

How To Access Brand New Seagate Backup Plus: Seagate sent me a free Backup Plus Portable Drive, but i cannot access it because it wants bitlocker password. This is a brand new computer and i don't have BitLocker even set up.... how the hell do i access this hard drive? Windows 10 47837