Windows 10: Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Discus and support Seagate Backup plus portable storage in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FatboySmith, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop doesn't see it. Can anyone help me to resolve this please.

:)

FatboySmith, Nov 11, 2019

2. Seagate Backup plus Portable Drive

Hi,

I want to ask about Seagate Backup Plus Portable Drive ,It cannot openned in My PC .I already checked in Device and Printer and it device properties,there is shown still working properly.

I look forward to your reply soon.

Thank you.

atcsin ming, Nov 11, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Seagate Super Speeds New Backup Plus Portable for Mac

Seagate Technology plc. today introduced SuperSpeed USB 3.0 to the award-winning Backup Plus storage for Mac. Currently available through Amazon.com and from Apple Stores in November, both Backup Plus Portable for Mac and Backup Plus Desktop for Mac drives will feature the new USB 3.0 interface, which is also compatible with earlier USB 2.0 ports. This new interface means faster transfer of data, so you can backup more quickly, up to 10x that of USB 2.0, via TimeMachine or simply transferring a file from a computer to external storage.

Selected as the Editor's Choice portable external drive by PC Magazine, Seagate Backup Plus hard drives were first introduced in June of this year. Designed to work interchangeably with both Windows and Apple computers, these new drives deliver features to protect, share and save nearly every aspect of one's digital life. Seagate Backup Plus products include a software feature that makes them the world's first external hard drives to provide a way to backup content from social networks, such as Facebook and Flickr. The Seagate Dashboard software included on Backup Plus for Mac drives delivers a quick and easy path to Save and Share personal photos and videos on Facebook and Flickr.

Seagate Backup plus portable storage 183a_thm.jpg

A Versatile Storage Device
    In 2010, Seagate adopted the Universal Storage Module (USM) standard, which enables consumers to easily add the newest Mac and PC connection capabilities to their Seagate storage product even if these technologies are not available at the time of purchase. Backup Plus for Mac will now provide a USB 3.0 cable out of the box and can be upgraded to Thunderbolt Technology or FireWire 800, as the need presents itself. To add yet another level of versatility, Seagate has introduced a way to have the company's external storage products work cross-platform with both Mac and Windows operating systems without reformatting.

Seagate Backup Plus Storage
    Available immediately from Amazon, and other retailers including Seagate.com, Seagate Backup Plus Portable drives will be shipping in 500GB for an MSRP $109.99 and 1TB, MSRP of $129.99 and Backup Plus Desktop drives; 2TB, MSRP $129.99 and 3TB for an MSRP of $179.99.

btarunr, Nov 11, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Seagate Announces the Backup Plus 5TB Portable HDD

Consumers are creating more higher-resolution and higher volumes of content than ever before. From action cam enthusiasts to selfie lovers to doting parents who capture every milestone moment on their 4K smartphones, the need for even more space to store photos, movies, music and content-and take it on the go-is growing. While data storage demands are ever-increasing, so is the need to organize, centralize and back up that data.

With today's launch of the Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive-the largest capacity mobile drive on the market-Seagate is helping its customers better manage their massive deluge of data. This new storage solution is made possible thanks to Seagate's new BarraCuda internal drive, featuring its breakthrough 2.5-inch 1TB platter technology announced last month.

Seagate Backup plus portable storage 2cbf9623b953_thm.jpg

Seagate Backup plus portable storage 8dd7816ecdf7_thm.jpg

Seagate Backup plus portable storage a77247ef00cf_thm.jpg

Seagate Backup plus portable storage b5c7288a94a5_thm.jpg

The Backup Plus 5TB drive will be the first device to ship with the new BarraCuda 5TB drive and offers:
    • Unparalleled capacity for its size
    • Customizable backup options with Seagate Dashboard software for easy local, mobile, cloud and social media backup
    • Use on both PC and Mac computers by installing the NTFS driver for Mac
    • Quick file transfers with USB 3.0 connectivity
    • Sleek 20.5mm form factor with aluminum cover making the drive as durable as it is efficient
    The newest Backup Plus 5TB drive joins Seagate's award-winning family of external drives, including Ultra Slim, Slim, Portable 4TB, Fast, Desktop and Hub. The Seagate Backup Plus Portable 5TB drive will be available this month for an MSRP of $189.99 in black, silver, red and blue color options at consumer electronics resellers worldwide.

btarunr, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

Seagate Backup plus portable storage

1. Seagate Backup plus portable storage - Similar Threads - Seagate Backup plus

2. Seagate Backup Plus Portable will transfer smaller video files but not large ones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Backup Plus Portable will transfer smaller video files but not large ones: I purchased a Seagate Backup Plus Portable to store HD video footage. I have large video files that are in excess of 40 GB. When I attempt to copy those larger files to my hard drive for editing purposes, it will load about 98% of the file, then throw up this message, "You'll...
  3. Seagate Backup Plus Portable will transfer smaller video files but not large ones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Backup Plus Portable will transfer smaller video files but not large ones: I purchased a Seagate Backup Plus Portable to store HD video footage. I have large video files that are in excess of 40 GB. When I attempt to copy those larger files to my hard drive for editing purposes, it will load about 98% of the file, then throw up this message, "You'll...
  4. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  5. Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store: So i recently bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim thinking i would be able to save some space for games on it but apparently the windows 10 Microsoft store is not recognizing it as compatible is this a pc issue or am i doing something wrong ?...
  6. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  7. "Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage...

"Requires further installation: Error Message for Seagate Backup Plus Slim Portage Storage...: I cannot complete my installation of a new portable drive. The drivers are updated per the troubleshooting I ran. At least I think they are. I am not the most technically savvy person but I try. Device SWD\WPDBUSENUM\{6860cd21-75d9-11e9-9e1b-184f32ce6650}#0000000000100000...
  8. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....
  9. Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work

Can't get new Seagate Backup Plus to Work: Bought a Seagate Backup Plus. It works on my laptop but not on my PC. PC doesn't recognize it. How can I get it to work. I know that the drive works so the problem is with Windows 10...
  10. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...