Windows 10: Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry)

Discus and support Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As I was getting ready to move my setup to an SSD/HDD system, I got a new seagate barracuda 2 TB HDD (Model # ST2000DM008) from ebay (new, not open box... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BrokenDaily, Jan 26, 2020.

1. Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry)

As I was getting ready to move my setup to an SSD/HDD system, I got a new seagate barracuda 2 TB HDD (Model # ST2000DM008) from ebay (new, not open box used/seller refurbished, new), was slightly amazed at how small it was compated to my older ST2000DM006 model, but that's another day

lately, I've been hearing some weird beeping coming from it (not from my optical drive, tested this while the optical drive was disconnected), so because of this, I ran a chkdsk /scan on the D: drive, it came back with no errors whatsoever, so I booted up my minitool partition wizard and ran its surface test mode on the seagate drive, it all came back green, no bad blocks at all; downloaded the SeaTools utility, ran a S.M.A.R.T. test, came back green, short generic test, came back green, long generic test, came back green, I don't know what this beeping is to my system, but its making me worried just a bit

Zippyshare Link

Is this nothing to worry about, or otherwise?

:)

BrokenDaily, Jan 26, 2020
  2. jenkachu Win User

Seagate Barracuda 3GB no longer being properly recognised, and beeping

Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry) [​IMG]

The insides!*Eek

jenkachu, Jan 26, 2020
  3. jenkachu Win User
    Seagate Barracuda 3GB no longer being properly recognised, and beeping

I have a Seagate External HDD, srd00f2, that until yesterday was working perfectly. I can not think of anything that has changed, other than that the drive is no longer being recognised by Windows, and is beeping when connected. I have already tried a number of things, and have the following results:

Connecting 'normally' through USB. My laptop's USBs have been playing up a little recently, but I have tried the drive with two separate cables, on two separate laptops.

Windows Disk Management shows:
    Unknown
    3.86 GB
    Not Initialised
    and to the right, one partition of 3.86GB, Unallocated.

Hard Disk Sentinal shows the serial number and 3.9GB, but no other information and a lot of '?'s

Minitool Partition Wizard shows
    Disk 2
    MBR
    3.86 GB
    Read Only (in red)

and then next to it, 3.9 GB, Bad Disk

HD Tune Pro allows me to do an error scan, but gives 100% bad sectors. If I do any other tests, I get I/O error, test aborted.

Safely Remove Hardware shows Eject Expansion Disk

DISKPART shows the drive as online, 3950MB total size, 3950MB free. I tried attr disk clear readonly but got the error that Diskpart failed to clear the attribute.

Connecting as a SATA drive.

I removed the drive from its case. Inside is a Barracuda 3TB drive, model st3000dm001. I have connected it using a SATA to USB 2.0 adaptor, and the results are even worse.

In Windows Disk Management, it shows Disk 1 as Unknown, Not Initialised. Trying to initialise the disk as GPT gives the error that the disk is too small, and the device indicates as 'Not Ready' if done as MBR.

HD Tune Pro reacts exactly the same as when connected by USB

Minitool Partition Wizard
    shows the disk as:
    Disk 2
    MBR
    0.00 GB
    and there is no way of interacting with the disk.

Hard Disk Sentinal is, again, just showing ???

The option in Safely Remove Hardware is: Eject USB to ATA/ATAPI Bridge

The disk beeps as it is connected. as I plug it in, the disk spins up and then gives me:
    1 beep
    0.5 second pause
    1 beep
    1.0 second pause
    1 beep

I have tried everything I can think of, and everything Google can think of on my behalf. The data on the drive is, naturally, quite important so I'm looking to save the data rather than the drive.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions!

Jenks

And as a picture paints a thousand words - this is connected through USB

Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry) [​IMG]

jenkachu, Jan 26, 2020
  4. rivre Win User

Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry)

Hard drive beeps at shutdown

Okay - Seagate solved this one for me. It was the hard drive itself beeping at shutdown. He said the beep is indicating that the drive is not receiving enough power. Normally you wouldn't hear that beep at shutdown, but some of their drives for whatever reason do beep to indicate a lack of power when your system shuts down - in that instance when the PC shuts down, the drive detects the lack of power and gives out a short beep. He said it's nothing to worry about.

rivre, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry)

1. Seagate Barracuda drive beeping (worry or don't worry) - Similar Threads - Seagate Barracuda drive

2. It worries me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It worries me...: If I want to delete my account on one pc will it be deleted on my other pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-worries-me/fc757a79-5e3b-485c-8e17-701e33908721
  3. It worries me...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    It worries me...: If I want to delete my account on one pc will it be deleted on my other pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/it-worries-me/fc757a79-5e3b-485c-8e17-701e33908721
  4. It worries me...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I'm getting worried

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm getting worried: Like, really worried. Microsoft usually fixes issues in a jiffy but this issue-Win32 hive issue-has been lasting for 5 days. I need to get back onto discord and my computer badly, and I don't know what to do. I know we just need to wait but I've been on edge....
  6. Should I Be Worried

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I Be Worried: I enabled memory integrity in Microsoft defender, then I restarted my pc to enable it but then when I booted it up Microsoft said it had blocked something, should I be worried? P.S I cant find the notification again so I don't know what it is. submitted by /u/Totogogo505...
  7. Should i be worried?

Should i be worried?: Apologies for bad English, So,some month ago I accidentally downloaded a virus on my windows 10 PC and i got rid of it after some times,but today I noticed that my PC had an app called Walliant on it,I googled the name and i learned that there is a virus version of this app...
  8. Should I worry ?

Should I worry ?: Processing img gcbd5uhlh3361... submitted by /u/TechieNikhil [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k6dipi/should_i_worry/
  9. Is it something to worry about?

Is it something to worry about?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashwinp123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejhwa0/is_it_something_to_worry_about/
  10. Seagate Barracuda 3GB no longer being properly recognised, and beeping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Barracuda 3GB no longer being properly recognised, and beeping: I have a Seagate External HDD, srd00f2, that until yesterday was working perfectly. I can not think of anything that has changed, other than that the drive is no longer being recognised by Windows, and is beeping when connected. I have already tried a number of things, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hard drive beep on shutdown

2. seagate barracuda beeping system says 3.9gb