Windows 10: Seagate drive backup

Discus and support Seagate drive backup in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Busterkat, Dec 17, 2020.

1. Busterkat Win User

Seagate drive backup

I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can anyone suggest s solution. I've re-formatted the drive but to avail.

:)

Busterkat, Dec 17, 2020

2. backup using seagate hard drive, will not backup

Seagate hard drive will not backup to hard drive using window 19 backup

ChrisChristensen45, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Seagate drive backup

Seagate Backup Plus drive not saving past 4% using dashboard. - WIndows 10

Hi Tony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to update the drivers for this device and check if it helps.

Method 1: Update the Drivers.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows button and X together open Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager, right click the Seagate Backup Plus drive
      Device.
    • Click Update Driver.
    • Follow the instructions to update the driver.

Note: You may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in, or the driver files may still be installed from the last time that you set up the device.

If the issue persists, you may uninstall and reinstall the drivers and check if it helps.

Method 2: uninstall and reinstall the drivers

• Press Windows+X keys and select Device Manager.
    • Right click on Seagate Backup Plus drive
      and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and let the computer install the driver.
    You may also try installing the latest chipset drivers from the manufacturer's website and check.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

Seagate drive backup

1. Seagate drive backup - Similar Threads - Seagate drive backup

2. Seagate Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  3. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  4. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  5. backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    backups usb seagate bup slim disk drive: What backups can I use to create an image on the Seagate bup slim disk drive. Computer is windows pro 64 bit UEFI. I think my problem is that the slim drive works only with mbr. Thanks for any help. 160854
  6. SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SEAGATE DRIVE: Is it possible to create an ISO file on a Seagate drive to be stored alongside your File History. This storage media is not mentioned on the Windows 10 Creation Tool literature...
  7. Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate expansion not usable as backup drive: I have a seagate expansion drive I want to use as a backup drive on Windows 10 1803. When I go to settings>update and security>backup and select 'add a drive', windows says no usable drives found. I already have content on this drive. It displays in file explorer. I can use...
  8. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...
  9. Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup not finding my Seagate expansion drive.: Hi, I am running Windows 10 Pro Build 1703, prior to my update I was using my external Seagate drive as my backup location, however since the update, backup is not finding the drive. The drive is working perfectly for all other tasks and is shown on Disk Managment as a...
  10. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...