Windows 10: Seagate drive not working

Discus and support Seagate drive not working in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So recently I tried installing a game and when I went to download it my computer went weird. I thought restarting would fix it but then when I would go... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Brian James1, May 26, 2024.

1. Seagate drive not working

So recently I tried installing a game and when I went to download it my computer went weird. I thought restarting would fix it but then when I would go and boot it up it would have a underscore in the top right. I finally got it to boot up correctly but I noticed the problem was my drive. It would cause the problem and my drive won't show up anymore. I have mods and a lot of games saved on it and I wanted to know why it won't work and what I would do to fix it. It also says that it did not migrate. Would taking it somewhere to get the data recover be better? Responding would be helpful and tha

:)

Brian James1, May 26, 2024

2. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 26, 2024
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, May 26, 2024
  4. M33R4 Win User

Seagate drive not working

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB drive with Windows 10 stopped working

• I had the same issue when I upgraded to Windows 10 platform from my ancient Windows XP.
    • I tried all sorts but the PC was still failing to find the Seagate external drive.
    • According to the Device Manager on my PC the Seagate driver was up to date and working fine, however that was far from reality.

The following is what worked for me:

• Leave your Seagate plugged into your PC
    • Download the following Seagate driver: Seagate-Support | Support Seagate US
    • Once the file is downloaded click Run/Install
    • When prompted to restart your PC, click Yes
    • Once PC restarts, the Seagate motor will kick on and when you go to your PC file manager your Seagate will be there

Best wishes.

M33R4, May 26, 2024
Thema:

Seagate drive not working

1. Seagate drive not working - Similar Threads - Seagate drive working

2. Seagate drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate drive not working: So recently I tried installing a game and when I went to download it my computer went weird. I thought restarting would fix it but then when I would go and boot it up it would have a underscore in the top right. I finally got it to boot up correctly but I noticed the problem...
  3. Seagate Backup Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  4. Seagate drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate drive backup: I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can anyone suggest s solution. I've re-formatted the drive but to avail....
  5. Seagate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Hard Drive: Hello, I recently fully removed all the files from a 2tb seagate external hard drive. I then realized that there were no basic files in the drive program files, program files 86x, etc to download to. I now cannot download anything I am trying to download Steam currently to my...
  6. Seagate Ext Drive

Seagate Ext Drive: Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-ext-drive/b63aa0cf-519d-489c-9261-4fded7fd3819
  7. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  8. SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SEAGATE DRIVE: Is it possible to create an ISO file on a Seagate drive to be stored alongside your File History. This storage media is not mentioned on the Windows 10 Creation Tool literature...
  9. Losing Seagate drive

Losing Seagate drive: When I first turn on my Dell XPS 2720, the attached Seagate hard drive is visible, i.e. I can access through File Explorer. During the day I lose contact and the only way I can reconnect is by switching off the drive and repowering. This immediately re-establishes the link....
  10. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...