Windows 10: Seagate Ext Drive

Discus and support Seagate Ext Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KAREN6419, Mar 14, 2020.

1. KAREN6419 Win User

Seagate Ext Drive

Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much.

:)

KAREN6419, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 & Seagate Ext HD Back-up +

Installed Windows 10 and my Seagate Ext HD, Back-up + will go to 5% and freeze up. Consequently, nothing is backed up. I spoke with Seagate and they do not have any answer. Any suggestions?

GatorHunter, Mar 14, 2020
  3. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate Ext Drive

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Seagate Ext Drive

1. Seagate Ext Drive - Similar Threads - Seagate Ext Drive

2. SEAGATE Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SEAGATE Drive not showing up: Hello,Today I wanted to install a Windows Media Folder on my SEAGATE Expansion Drive. It had 1 TB of space. After the installation, it showed up as an E: drive, even though it was D: and it had only 32 gb. Now it is not showing up anymore when I plug it in. Can you please...
  3. SEAGATE Drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SEAGATE Drive not showing up: Hello,Today I wanted to install a Windows Media Folder on my SEAGATE Expansion Drive. It had 1 TB of space. After the installation, it showed up as an E: drive, even though it was D: and it had only 32 gb. Now it is not showing up anymore when I plug it in. Can you please...
  4. Seagate Backup Drive

Seagate Backup Drive: I have owned and use a Seagate Backup drive with my Lenovo desktop using Windows 10. I have found the Seagate difficult to use, due to the cumbersome for me so-called "dashboard" that the drive seems to require using. I have never understood why I cannot just send my files...
  5. Seagate drive backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate drive backup: I have a Seagate external drive which my computer recognises in file explorer but when I go to back up it tells me the drive is not connected. Can anyone suggest s solution. I've re-formatted the drive but to avail....
  6. Seagate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Hard Drive: Hello, I recently fully removed all the files from a 2tb seagate external hard drive. I then realized that there were no basic files in the drive program files, program files 86x, etc to download to. I now cannot download anything I am trying to download Steam currently to my...
  7. 3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3.5 EXT DRIVE PROBLEM: I HAVE A 2TB DRIVE IN AN EXTERNAL CADDY,,WHEN I COPY FILES TO IT IT'S RECOCOGNISED BY WIN 10,AND PLAYABLEMOVIES''WHEN I UNPLUG IT AND PUT THE DRIVE THROUGH MY SUMVISION MICRO 2 MULTI MEDIA PLAYER CONNECTED TO TV IT DOES NOT SHOW FILES,,I HAVE 4 OTHER EXTERNAL DRIVES..ONE OF...
  8. SEAGATE DRIVE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SEAGATE DRIVE: Is it possible to create an ISO file on a Seagate drive to be stored alongside your File History. This storage media is not mentioned on the Windows 10 Creation Tool literature...
  9. Losing Seagate drive

Losing Seagate drive: When I first turn on my Dell XPS 2720, the attached Seagate hard drive is visible, i.e. I can access through File Explorer. During the day I lose contact and the only way I can reconnect is by switching off the drive and repowering. This immediately re-establishes the link....
  10. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seagate ext HD