Windows 10: Seagate Ext Drive

Discus and support Seagate Ext Drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KAREN6419, Mar 14, 2020.

1. KAREN6419 Win User

Seagate Ext Drive

Just got one...I can't format it? No Einstein here, but I figure out everything......this is cra cra AF....or I may have puffed the magic dragon too much.

:)

KAREN6419, Mar 14, 2020

2. Windows 10 & Seagate Ext HD Back-up +

Installed Windows 10 and my Seagate Ext HD, Back-up + will go to 5% and freeze up. Consequently, nothing is backed up. I spoke with Seagate and they do not have any answer. Any suggestions?

GatorHunter, Mar 14, 2020
  3. External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Seagate Ext Drive

Seagate external drive

Hi Paul,

One of the possible reasons why your Seagate external drive is not working properly is due to a corrupted storage device. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Were you able to connect this external drive to another computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes before you encountered this issue?
    • Have you tried to unplug and use another USB port available?
    • What is the error message that you received?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

Seagate Ext Drive

1. Seagate Ext Drive - Similar Threads - Seagate Ext Drive

2. installed Windows10 to Ext drive - lost data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installed Windows10 to Ext drive - lost data: My daughter installed windows 10 onto WD MyBook essential ext harddrive to update from windows 7 on her PC. she downloaded the update from microsoft site. it appears all her saved files and backups were overwritten. is there a way to uninstall and restore her files?...
  3. Seagate Firecuda hybrid Drive

Seagate Firecuda hybrid Drive: Hi! I have moved the operating system to a Seagate Firecuda ssd/HD hybrid drive on my recent Windows 10 AMD A10 laptop. Things were going well with updates working until the 1903 update which says it can't install an operating system on a USB drive. Apparently. it sees the...
  4. SEAGATE DRIVE

SEAGATE DRIVE: Is it possible to create an ISO file on a Seagate drive to be stored alongside your File History. This storage media is not mentioned on the Windows 10 Creation Tool literature...
  5. Seagate 2tb external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate 2tb external drive: Bought a new usb cord since it kept randomly disconnecting the drive. It shows up in device management and on disk drives yet it says it cant initialize and wont show how much memory has been used or is available in volumes I dont know what to do...
  6. Losing Seagate drive

Losing Seagate drive: When I first turn on my Dell XPS 2720, the attached Seagate hard drive is visible, i.e. I can access through File Explorer. During the day I lose contact and the only way I can reconnect is by switching off the drive and repowering. This immediately re-establishes the link....
  7. Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing

Seagate Expansion Drive Appearing and then disapearing: I have a perplexing problem. I have a Seagate 2TB external drive that when I plug it into my USB3 port it appears in Explorer and sometimes I can even navigate through some of its folders. However after 2-5 minutes it just disappears and a message comes up "USB Not...
  8. seagate drive there but not there

seagate drive there but not there: win 10 pro attached a seagate barracude st3200826as drive (200gb) with my external usb adaptor drive spins up and gives the new device beep but is not recognized as a drive just a usb device, this would be a fat32 drive, its used and has been wiped do I need possibly need...
  9. Seagate External Drive Not Waking

Seagate External Drive Not Waking: I have a Seagate external drive that I save my backups to. I run my backup around midnight, when the computer has not been used for a good 5-6 hours. I have been getting errors with the backup that the drive has not been accessible and thus the backup is not successful....
  10. Having troubles with 8Tb Seagate drives

Having troubles with 8Tb Seagate drives: I went and bought 2 8Tb drives as one 3Tb and one 4Tb had died and I thought I would "bite the bullet". I have an Asus Z87 motherboard on a system about a year old(?). I also have an SI-PEX40071 8 port SATA 3 PCIe card and a fully updated Windows 10 *Biggrin I tried the...