Windows 10: Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10?

Discus and support Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Seagate Backup Plus Slim External Drive that is no longer being recognized in Windows 10,it works fine in Windows 7,8 and on other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jinx20, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Jinx20 Win User

Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10?

I have a Seagate Backup Plus Slim External Drive that is no longer being recognized in Windows 10,it works fine in Windows 7,8 and on other computers/devices but ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate to Windows 10 Pro I have been having this issue and it is still not solved! I followed all the troubleshooting steps and downloaded and installed the Seagate Paragon Driver for WIndows and my drive is still not being recognized but shows up in the taskbar as being plugged in and shows in "Device Manager" as plugged in but stated "There are no drivers installed for this device" When I plugged in my drive it seems to interfere with my computer and task such as "update driver" "uninstall" or even "restart" my computer will not work it just stays running the tasks and nothing happens, I am forced to restart and unplugged the drive manually then once restarted I am able to perform these tasks again without the drive being plugged in. I find it a shame that many other Windows 10 users have this same issue and Microsoft does nothing to solve it but ask us to run the same old troubleshooting steps that never solves the issue. It's Windows 10 itself that creates these problems for drives and devices,it's always contained flaws and problems since it was first released. Windows 7 and 8 never contained any of these issues at least it didn't for as my devices and drives worked fine on Windows 7 and 8. I have reverted back to Windows 7 Ultimate two times now and have reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and same results as my drive works fine in Windows 7 Ultimate,it contains no viruses,or is damaged the drive is healthy! There has to be a solution to this perhaps others settings that might not be configured correctly such as "Services" or any of the settings in "gpedit.msc" or "regedit" that could be preventing my drive from not being recognized?

:)

Jinx20, Mar 1, 2020
  2. W PR Win User

Windows 10 Backup Not recognizing Seagate Desk External Drive

I have tried your suggestions with no success or change to my problem.

Here are answers to your questions:

1. My computer is an EMachines ET1331G-034w

2. Have not changed any settings.

3. Windows Backup says that no external hard drive is detected.

I did try one additional thing. I dug out my OLD WD external hard drive just to check. Surprisingly to me, Windows Backup does recognize it, but not the much newer Seagate drive.

Surely there must be an answer, especially since the Seagate drive was working perfectly before updating to Windows 10.

Wayne

W PR, Mar 1, 2020
  3. W PR Win User
    Windows 10 Backup Not recognizing Seagate Desk External Drive

Since upgrading to Windows 10, Windows Backup will not recognize my Seagate Desk External Drive. The Drive is recognized in Windows Explorer, but not in Backup. I have tried the support options from Seagate which has not been any help. Is this something
    specific to Windows 10, or is there a solution to be able to use this drive for Windows Backup purposes?

W PR, Mar 1, 2020
  4. TomWardle Win User

Seagate Manager does not recognize external Seagate Drive after upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10

I recently upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10. I have used Seagate Manager for backup for several years without any problems. After upgrading, Seagate Manage does not recogize either of my external seagate drives. The drives are recognized by the computer
    (listed in "This PC", and can be accessed. However, Seagate Manage cannot find either drive.

TomWardle, Mar 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Seagate External Drive no longer being recognized in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Seagate External Drive

2. Windows 10 and Seagate Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Seagate Drive Not Recognized: I have a WIN 10 computer and a Seagate Go external drive with contents on the drive. After I connect the drive, it doesn't appear under Devices/Drives with a drive letter. In DM disk management it appears but that is it. I installed Seatools and it says the drive is healthy...
  3. Windows 10 and Seagate Drive Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Seagate Drive Not Recognized: I have a WIN 10 computer and a Seagate Go external drive with contents on the drive. After I connect the drive, it doesn't appear under Devices/Drives with a drive letter. In DM disk management it appears but that is it. I installed Seatools and it says the drive is healthy...
  4. Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10: I have an older (10+ years) Seagate external drive that I gave to my brother some years ago... I load up some movies and shows on it a couple times a year for him. I switched laptops about 7 months ago, The other day I tried connecting it to my newer laptop... But Win 10 is...
  5. Windows 10 not recognizing Seagate 5TB external drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not recognizing Seagate 5TB external drive: I bought a new 5TB Seagate external portable backup drive. Windows 10 would not recognize it. Windows 10 Device Manager could see and name the device, but when doing 'create and format' the disk, the screen went blank. It even froze the PC. Many other problems materialized...
  6. Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?: Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive 500GB Not Recognized by Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not/d09310af-e7b2-4ea4-9b5e-9dae1e1f93ae
  7. Seagate external drive is not always recognized in windows 10

Seagate external drive is not always recognized in windows 10: I have a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop external drive that doesn't stay recognized in Windows 10. I have to undo the power cord and the USB cord and hook it back up to get it to recognize it. Is there some setting I am missing or something else that can cause this?...
  8. External HDD no longer being recognized in Windows 10?

External HDD no longer being recognized in Windows 10?: I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate and now my Seagate USB HDD is no longer being recognized,no drive letters show at all but it is showing that it is plugged in on the task bar and is showing in "Device Manager" as plugged in and enabled but in...
  9. External Drive No Longer Being Recognized

External Drive No Longer Being Recognized: I have been using an external drive with my computer for a while now, but lately my computer has been having difficulty recognizing that it is plugged in. I know for a fact that power is being given to the external drive because it lights up and I can feel it running....
  10. External Seagate drive no longer recognized. Only showing in Device Ma

External Seagate drive no longer recognized. Only showing in Device Ma: Suddenly the drive is no longer recognized on any computer. I plug it in via USB and the power light turns on but the letter drive that usually comes up on My PC does not show. I went into disk management and said drive isn't located there either. The only way I can tell it's...