Windows 10: seagate external hard disk not showing up

Discus and support seagate external hard disk not showing up in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Device manager indicates Unknown USB Device device descriptor request failed, Under Mass Storage - Properties - Error Code 45 Other HD and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TDole, Jan 10, 2020.

1. TDole Win User

seagate external hard disk not showing up

Hi,

Device manager indicates Unknown USB Device device descriptor request failed,

Under Mass Storage - Properties - Error Code 45

Other HD and SDs are working good.

Can someone help............................

:)

TDole, Jan 10, 2020

2. Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Hi,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

1. I would recommend you to check in Disk management, if the (Seagate) external hard drive is detecting in Disk management. Follow the below steps:

a. Press Windows Key + R and type diskmgmt.msc and hit
    Enter.

b. Check if the system is detecting (Seagate) external hard drive and let us know.

2. What exactly happen when you try to access on the hard drive? Do you receive any error message/error code?

Awaiting your response for further assistance.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 not detecting my seagate 1 TB external hard disk

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the status.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what exactly happen when you try to open the file?

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. I would recommend you to connect the external hard disk on different computer and check if you are able to open the files.

I also, suggest you to go to the Disk Management and check if the drive are detecting on the system.

Press Windows + R and type diskmgmt.msc on the box and hit
    Enter.

Method 1.

For now, I suggest you to go to device manager and update Seagate driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager.

• Click on Universal Serial Bus to expand, right click on the Seagate
      device and click on Update.
    If the issue still persist, you can try the below method.

Method 2.

I suggest you to connect the SD card to the system and run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f
    Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost. Once Check Disk completes, boot
    the computer and then check.

Hope this helps. Keep posting us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 10, 2020
  4. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. seagate external hard disk not showing up - Similar Threads - seagate external hard

2. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer: So I recently got a new laptopI have a Seagate external hard drive that I used to use on my other computer, however that computer has been broken for 1 year maybe more. So I haven't used the hard drive in a while, and it hasn't been tested since then.When I plug it into this...
  3. Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate external hard drive not showing in windows explorer: So I recently got a new laptopI have a Seagate external hard drive that I used to use on my other computer, however that computer has been broken for 1 year maybe more. So I haven't used the hard drive in a while, and it hasn't been tested since then.When I plug it into this...
  4. 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd external hard disk doesn't show up: 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up in my PC. Any idea would be much apprciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-external-hard-disk-doesnt-show-up/2b5501c4-a4e4-4637-a7a6-b28c8fa30350
  5. 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up

2nd external hard disk doesn't show up: 2nd external hard disk doesn't show up in my PC. Any idea would be much apprciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-external-hard-disk-doesnt-show-up/2b5501c4-a4e4-4637-a7a6-b28c8fa30350
  6. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  7. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart: Hi, recently I wanted to format my fat32 external hard disk to NTFS. I copied the files and in between the copy was stopped and my laptop was hanged, when I unplugged the external hard disk the hang issue was sorted. When I again inserted my hard disk, it hung again, somehow,...
  8. External Hard disk not Showing up in disk management and diskpart

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. External Hard disk not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External Hard disk not showing up: I've 4tb seagate backup plus hard disk which has 2 partitions out of which one partition with 2tb is bitlocker protected. I've initiated removal of encryption of that 2 tb hard disk but it stuck at 46% and after that disk is ejected automatically. Now I'm not able to see...
  10. Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information!: Seagate external hard drive not showing disc information! How do I get it to show how much disc space is left? Below the drive just like Windows c:drive showing the information below it? [img] 121881

Users found this page by searching for:

1. maxtor onetouch 4 not working on windows 10