Windows 10: Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

Discus and support Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 2 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex EHD that gave an intermittent response to File Explorer. It now won't show up at all. I considered buying a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lbeck, Nov 30, 2019.

1. lbeck Win User

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

I have a 2 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex EHD that gave an intermittent response to File Explorer. It now won't show up at all. I considered buying a new base but the cost is only a little less than a different EHD.

Is there some way to remove the HDD from the EHD enclosure? Is there any way to determine if the failure is with the EHD or the interchangeable base?

I have the files archived to a different HDD but I'm too cheap to discard the EHD that I purchased only a couple of years ago.

:)

lbeck, Nov 30, 2019
  2. Royd_760 Win User

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex compatibility to Windows 10

No, this is not helpful. The question was for Windows 10 drivers for Seagate Freeagent Goflex portable hard drives. Your answer pointed to Windows 8 drivers, not Windows 10 drivers.

Please answer the question asked.

Thank you.

Royd_760, Nov 30, 2019
  3. achomitz Win User
    Seagate GoFlex not compatible with Windows 10

Dear WillyInArizona!

I installed SeagateDashboard_1554_Better_Setup.exe. Seagate Dashboard don't find my Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex 1TB with USB 3.0 Kit. My drive is not migrated.

Thank You for Your good will.

In device Manager Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex USB Device exists, in disc management it also exists, but without drive letter.

Possibilities under properties:

convert to dynamic disc, Offline, Properties and Help.

So I have to wait for a solution.

Thank You.

Philipp

achomitz, Nov 30, 2019
  4. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex compatibility to Windows 10

Hello,

I recently purchased a new computer which has Windows 10 and unfortunately my external Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex hard drive software isn't on this computer and I'm not sure this external hard drive is even compatible with it. Can someone please help me figure
    out if there is a way to make it compatible with Windows 10? I was told I can download software to do so but haven't found it.

Thank you,

DeanHadzikostas, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

1. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair - Similar Threads - Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex

2. Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10: I have an older (10+ years) Seagate external drive that I gave to my brother some years ago... I load up some movies and shows on it a couple times a year for him. I switched laptops about 7 months ago, The other day I tried connecting it to my newer laptop... But Win 10 is...
  3. Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?: Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive 500GB Not Recognized by Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not/d09310af-e7b2-4ea4-9b5e-9dae1e1f93ae
  4. Seagate Freeagent HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Freeagent HDD: I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop HDD that is not being picked up by Windows 10. I have been on to the internet several times looking up options to get over this problem but, as of now, none of these options work. I have bee to the Seagate website but again I have not...
  5. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10: To get the FreeAgent GoFlex Home NAS to work under Windows 10, try the following: In Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, check Turn on Network Discovery and Turn on File and Printer Sharing (not sure if the latter is necessary)....
  6. Seagate GoFlex not recognized by Windows 10 Latest update

Seagate GoFlex not recognized by Windows 10 Latest update: I have an older Seagate GoFlex drive which used to be recognized but no longer. with the latest Windows 10 Update Checked the forums and learned about SMBv1 used by Seagate and no longer supported . Ran optionalfeatures and followed instructions to enable SMB 1 - NO LUCK....
  7. Windows 10 usb does not recognize Seagate FreeAgent Go

Windows 10 usb does not recognize Seagate FreeAgent Go: Windows 10 usb does not recognize Seagate FreeAgent Go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-does-not-recognize-seagate/949d15f1-b1be-4c42-a752-fce4761846b6
  8. Any progress on Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives?

Any progress on Seagate GoFlex Missing Drives?: Still can only access drive by web interface - can't backup to drive or even connect directly. When are you going to fix it Microsoft? Has anyone got a third party solution for backups to GoFlex drive?...
  9. Seagate Dashboard for GoFlex on Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Dashboard for GoFlex on Win 10: This used to work until the latest update to Win 10 in August 2018. I re-installed as Admin, then tried to change Compatibility Win XP 3. It doesn't work anymore with Compatibility Win 7 or 8. Running as Admin doesn't work either. It just stops when it tries to locate...
  10. Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can I switch off SMBv1 with Seagate GoFlex Home?: Following on from the discussion below in the Ransomware thread, I've been trying to turn off SMB1 in Windows (given it's been highlighted as an security risk) but still retain access to my Seagate Goflex Home, which is an old NAS device. However I've not had any luck with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dashboard cannot detect goflex