Windows 10: Seagate Freeagent HDD

Discus and support Seagate Freeagent HDD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop HDD that is not being picked up by Windows 10. I have been on to the internet several times looking up options to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeoffLees, May 26, 2020.

1. GeoffLees Win User

Seagate Freeagent HDD

I have a Seagate Freeagent Desktop HDD that is not being picked up by Windows 10.

I have been on to the internet several times looking up options to get over this problem but, as of now, none of these options work.

I have bee to the Seagate website but again I have not made any progress. One of the options was to uninstall the driver and then reinstall it but this is a problem in itself as my pc isn't even picking up the drive and therefore not only doesn't it work but it cannot even be seen and is not listed in the drives.

Does anyone know if there have been any recent solutions produced for this problem.

:)

GeoffLees, May 26, 2020
  2. lbeck Win User

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

Thanks. Great help.
    I have removed the HDD from the Seagate enclosure and it appears to be mechanically okay. Now I've reached the limits of my understanding of how to initialize the disk. I get the messages shown in the screenshots.

1. This was a 2 TB HDD in the Seagate enclosure when it was operational, but Disk Management shows capacity as 458 MB. (Disk 7)
    2. I don't know enough about MBR/GPT/GUID to proceed with initializing the disk. I have an old version of Acronis (2012) and have used Minitool Partition Manager Free in the past. Can these or any other free software help?
    3. If I choose to initialize using MBR I get the message that the drive is not ready
      Seagate Freeagent HDD [​IMG]

Any advice on how to get the HDD reformatted and ready for use?

lbeck, May 26, 2020
  3. TanyaBaer Win User
    Seagate Freeagent not detected

Operating on Windows 10 and trying to get my Seagate Freeagent external hard drive to work. While the drive shows up I keep getting the following: message Location is Not Found, E:\is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect. I have Windows completely
    updated. I have also installed Seagate Agent and Seagate Discwizard but still cannot access my hard drive. Other than pictures from two trips overeseas to adopt my children, there is nothing on it I need. Please help!

TanyaBaer, May 26, 2020
  4. Seagate Freeagent HDD

Drive for Seagate FreeAgent Desktop Window 10

I have Window 10 & want to use my Seagate FreeAgent Desktop external hard drive

DonnaFolmar, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Seagate Freeagent HDD

1. Seagate Freeagent HDD - Similar Threads - Seagate Freeagent HDD

2. Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seagate (freeagent) external drive not recognized in Win 10: I have an older (10+ years) Seagate external drive that I gave to my brother some years ago... I load up some movies and shows on it a couple times a year for him. I switched laptops about 7 months ago, The other day I tried connecting it to my newer laptop... But Win 10 is...
  3. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  4. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  5. Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive Not Recognized by Windows 10?: Seagate FreeAgent External Hard Drive 500GB Not Recognized by Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/seagate-freeagent-external-hard-drive-not/d09310af-e7b2-4ea4-9b5e-9dae1e1f93ae
  6. Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?

Temperature for Seagate 2TB HDD ?: Hi So i'm using a Seagate 2TB SATA 3 with 7200 RPM hard drive and just wanted to know what are the normal temps for it ? When in idle the HDD's temp is 42'C and when gaming it goes up to 55'C. If anyone has some info on this i'd greatly appreciate it because i don't know...
  7. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex - replace or repair: I have a 2 TB Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex EHD that gave an intermittent response to File Explorer. It now won't show up at all. I considered buying a new base but the cost is only a little less than a different EHD. Is there some way to remove the HDD from the EHD enclosure? Is...
  8. Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10

Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Home Detect Windows 10: To get the FreeAgent GoFlex Home NAS to work under Windows 10, try the following: In Control Panel, Network and Sharing Center, Change Advanced Sharing Settings, check Turn on Network Discovery and Turn on File and Printer Sharing (not sure if the latter is necessary)....
  9. Windows 10 usb does not recognize Seagate FreeAgent Go

Windows 10 usb does not recognize Seagate FreeAgent Go: Windows 10 usb does not recognize Seagate FreeAgent Go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-usb-does-not-recognize-seagate/949d15f1-b1be-4c42-a752-fce4761846b6
  10. Windows 10 using Seagate Freeagent Desk 640 GB, no drive detected

Windows 10 using Seagate Freeagent Desk 640 GB, no drive detected: *Original title: trouble with windows 10 using seagate free agend desk 640 mb drive. no drive detected* no drive detected. when using indows 10 with Seagate freeagent desk 640gb drive. worked fine with xp....