Windows 10: Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...

Discus and support Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Apologies in advance for the long post!Seagate Potable Plus Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times, for example, in a single day I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Win&Me, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Win&Me Win User

Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...

Apologies in advance for the long post!Seagate Potable Plus Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times, for example, in a single day I had to restart it ten times and even then, it will not recognize the external drive and then I must search online again to find another way for my pc to recognize the external hard drive. It is frustrating to have this experience every time!NOTE: I have tried changing to another USB port and many other suggestions like disk management, but the desktop cannot see it on disk management either! windows key + R and enter compmgmt.mscPlus, the pc/desktop

:)

Win&Me, Oct 6, 2022
  2. themtnerd Win User

Windows 10 Fall Creator Update Kills Seagate's Backup Plus External Hard Drive

What a coincidence...? Windows 10 Fall Creator updates Sunday/Monday. My Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive appears to have died - lights are on, engine is running but it's not accessible from my hard drive. (Yes, we looked at the Disk Management
    system.)

Happened to have a brand new Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive handy, so I restored from backup but also ordered a couple Western Digital drives (have one working on the system now), so I can then transfer the restored data to the WD drive. PC is
    on almost 24/7 for two days restoring the backup. Done Wednesday.

Contact Seagate about the initial hard drive problem. We reboot the PC a couple times, testing stuff out and the drive is declared dead. I've now got my Western Digital drives, getting ready to transfer the restored data because I'm not so sure about the
    reliability of the Seagate drive. NOW, the second Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive with the restored data won't work!! This is not right. Two drives die within days of the Windows 10 Fall Creator update? There may be a problem with the hardware
    but not like that.

We connect the hard drives to my husband's laptop which is running Windows 7 and VOILA! The drives are working.

How likely is it that, along with trashing the HP Laserjet 1200 driver and the Windows DVD player software on my laptop, Windows 10 Fall Creator has also trashed the driver for the Seagate Backup Plus external hard drive?

I told the tech at Seagate that she better run this up the flag pole fast or it's going to cost Seagate a pile of $$$ from the Seagate Backup Plus users who think their drives are dead and in need of data restoration. I hope she took me VERY, VERY SERIOUSLY.

Has Microsoft screwed up Seagate big time??

themtnerd, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...

Seagate Backup plus for mac

My two 2 TB Seagate Backup Plus Slim external drives also say "for PC & Mac". I just plugged them in & was able to use them right out of the box in Win 10...

Verwendung einer externen Festplatte ohne spezielle Software | Seagate Support Deutschland

How to use an external drive without any special software

I chose not to install the bundled Seagate software, thinking I would use Win 10's own File History - but I don't even use that. (I really don't want an external drive constantly plugged in & constantly being written to.) I just copy/paste
    important files/downloads to the Seagate drive when necessary. Also, I make system images to it occasionally. So, I eventually deleted the Seagate software from the external drives.

If you decide otherwise - & the software wasn't included on the drive - I'm sure you can download it at...

Portable Festplatte Backup Plus Slim | Seagate Support Deutschland

Backup Plus Slim Portable (Backup Plus Portable)

Be sure to register it at...

https://myportal.seagate.com/consumer-identity/product-reg/product-reg-base.jsp

Seagate product registration

PCR Just PCR, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...

1. Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS... - Similar Threads - Seagate Potable Plus

2. Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...: Apologies in advance for the long post!Seagate Potable Plus Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times, for example, in a single day I had to restart it ten times and even then, it will not recognize the external drive and then I must search online again to find...
  3. Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Potable Plus External Hard Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times PLUS...: Apologies in advance for the long post!Seagate Potable Plus Drive keeps disconnecting every day multiple times, for example, in a single day I had to restart it ten times and even then, it will not recognize the external drive and then I must search online again to find...
  4. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  5. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  6. Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive

Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive: Am currently on Win 7 and want to upgrade to Win 10. I have a Seagate Backup Plus Drive with Memeo software built in. It is set to automatically backup all new files. In Win 10, will it do the same auto backups? Seagate says the backup drive works with Win 10, but the...
  7. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Seagate Backup plus portable storage: I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop...
  8. Seagate External Hard Drive not working

Seagate External Hard Drive not working: I have been trying for several months to understand why my external drive is not working, there are no drive lights flashing although it is humming. I have checked it all out in Device Manager, etc and it recorded as healthy and running correctly. In frustration I have...
  9. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....
  10. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...