Windows 10: Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format?

Discus and support Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i was wondering about theses obscure memory SSD's. are they measuring in decimal or binary? will i get 2tb and then it will format down to 1.92TB or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xdarkmario, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format?

i was wondering about theses obscure memory SSD's. are they measuring in decimal or binary? will i get 2tb and then it will format down to 1.92TB or will i get 1.92TB and format even lower?

:)

xdarkmario, Jan 15, 2020
  2. Fernandz Win User

How To Format A Write Protected Flash Memory ?

¿You already tried this one?...

Run CMD

1. diskpart
    2. list disk

Then in the 3º step, put the correct number of disk in the list for the usb flash (if it's listed in disk 3, then you'll have to write select disk 3).

2. select disk #
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

with that commands you will format the flash drive in fat32, if you have a large drive you can select also "format fs=ntfs" in step 7.

good luck!

Fernandz, Jan 15, 2020
  3. SIW2 Win User
    Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format?

Probably, because it lists as 1.92tb on the jacket

4. TenOclock Win User

Not able to format 512GB Crucial MX100 (SDD#1)

October 2016

Hi everybody,
    Like I say in the topic I can’t format my SSD#1 Crucial MX100 512GB.
    Here what I try. Thanks.

Operating System: Windows 10 full updated (October 2016)
    Computer: Asus Maximus Formula (buy at 2008)
    BIOS: Legacy BIOS (mean no UEFI - Unified Extensible Firmware Interface)

BIOS and Windows 10 recognized the SDD#1.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1- I try Disk Management to format the SDD#1.
    One with “Quick format” option check and one with “Quick format” uncheck.

Same result for both:
    The windows message received:
    “Virtual Disk Manager” (title of the windows showing the message)
    The format did not complete successfully (the message)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2- For this step I just connect the SDD#1 and the CDROM
    I try to boot from Windows 10 DVD installation, choose “Install” and Windows is not able to delete the partition on the SDD#1. It is not able to create a partition neither. And sure it’s not able to install Windows 10 on the SDD#1.
    3- For this step I just connect the SDD#1 and the CDROM
    I try to boot from Windows 10 DVD installation, choose “Repair”, go in command prompt and do the following:

Diskpart
    List disk
    List volume

Select disk 0
    Select volume 1
    Clean

Message received:
    DiskPart has encountered an error: The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error. See the System Event Log for more information.
    4- For this step I connect all my SDD#1 and HDD and put the SDD#1 on other port.
    I go to CMD and enter the same command than above for same result.
    This time I can check the Event Viewer:

Event Viewer
    464 Error and 1 Warning

Warning
    Event Properties - Event 153, disk
    The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\0000002a) was retried.

Errors (repeat the following errors 232 time ? - I don't check all but it appear to be same two errors)
    Event Properties - Event 24620, BitLocker Driver
    Encrypted volume check: Volume information on \\?\Volume{01128aa1-0000-0000-007e-000000000000} cannot be read.

Event Properties - Event 7, disk
    The device, \Device\Harddisk2\DR2, has a bad block.
    5- I try the free program “ MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition 9.1” and nothing work. Not able to delete partion not able to create one.
    6- I try GParted under XUbuntu and it’s not work too.

I am very sad. I do not have $ 200 for buying another SSD.
    Are there something to do to format the SSD # 1?
    I can’t believe it's broken. I have hard disks (trays) much older than it and that still works

Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format? [​IMG]

TenOclock, Jan 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format? - Similar Threads - Seagate XM1441 92TB

2. what does it mean when the printer gives error 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    what does it mean when the printer gives error 1: my Printer is giving me error 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-the-printer-gives-error-1/ac8a2a9e-6953-4ae7-9c10-0195e6db7fd1
  3. what does it mean when the printer gives error 1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does it mean when the printer gives error 1: my Printer is giving me error 1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-it-mean-when-the-printer-gives-error-1/ac8a2a9e-6953-4ae7-9c10-0195e6db7fd1
  4. what does it mean when the printer gives error 1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.: I bought a one terabyte extrnal disk drive but I did not initialize it. The system has give it letter 'D'and describes it as 'System Reserved D'. I would like to reset it to 'Factory Condition' so I can start again and initialize properly, but I am uncertian how to go about...
  6. Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.

Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.: I bought a one terabyte extrnal disk drive but I did not initialize it. The system has give it letter 'D'and describes it as 'System Reserved D'. I would like to reset it to 'Factory Condition' so I can start again and initialize properly, but I am uncertian how to go about...
  7. Clear and Initalize a 1 terabyte external Seagate disk.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format?

in Windows 10 Support
    Seagate XM1441 1.92TB - does it mean 1.92TB after or before format?: i was wondering about theses obscure memory SSD's. are they measuring in decimal or binary? will i get 2tb and then it will format down to 1.92TB or will i get 1.92TB and format even lower? 148073
  9. Formatting a SanDisk micro SDXC UHS-1

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Formatting a SanDisk micro SDXC UHS-1: Can someone walk me through formatting this 64GB SanDisk UHS-1 micro card so that I can use it in my new drone? Thought it would initialize a tutorial once I inserted the card reader into my computer. Nope, didn't do it. Any help out there?...
  10. RAID 1 question before upgrading

RAID 1 question before upgrading: Hi folks, I'm a W7 Pro user, and I'm finally thinking to get the update to W10. Question: at the moment I've a RAID 1 set up; will it still be available after the update and/or after I do a clean install of W10? Thank you 33551

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xm1441