Windows 10: Seagate's Seatools USB bootable utility - blank screen and hanging

Discus and support Seagate's Seatools USB bootable utility - blank screen and hanging in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title says - the USB drive boots okay, the Seatools menu is displayed, I select the GUI option, everything appears to be loading but then on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WinTenner, Jul 8, 2020.

1. WinTenner Win User

Seagate's Seatools USB bootable utility - blank screen and hanging

As the title says - the USB drive boots okay, the Seatools menu is displayed, I select the GUI option, everything appears to be loading but then on Loading Extensions it seems to be working then stops and a blank screen is displayed.

Any thoughts on why this may be or a workaround please?

Or is there a better diagnostic and repair tool than Seagate's Seatools for their own drives?

Thanks

:)

WinTenner, Jul 8, 2020
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jul 8, 2020
  3. Bootable DVD

Have you check with HP about the booting issue? That should be your first priority.

Toshiba Hard Drives: Use Hitachi or Maxtor Utilities and Maxtor is now SeaGate.

Maxtor Hard Drives: Diagnostic Utilities Here (now SeaGate)

http://www.seagate.com/manuals/backupplus/hard-...

SeaTools works on many hard drive makes

Seagate Hard Drives: Diagnostic Utilities Here - Seatools

SeaTools | Seagate Support Deutschland

http://www.seagate.com/manuals/backupplus/hard-...

SeaTools for Windows tutorial

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ...

SeaTools for DOS tutorial

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ...

Conner Hard Drives: Use Seagate Utilities

Samsung Hard Drives: Use Seagate Utilities

SpiritX MS MVP, Jul 8, 2020
  4. Chewy Win User

Ipod bootable drive?

I want to know if I can make my ipod a usb bootable drive.. will it mess up my ipod? I need to flash my video card back to normal.. Neros bootable cd gave me an error. I used a step by step guide, but thats another story.

Chewy, Jul 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Seagate's Seatools USB bootable utility - blank screen and hanging - Similar Threads - Seagate's Seatools USB

2. Initial Windows 10 install from USB but hangs at blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial Windows 10 install from USB but hangs at blank blue screen: I was trying to install windows 10 but before formatting or installing I tried my chances with troubleshooting errors and windows trying to save the start-up error that caused all of the problem. While doing the troubleshoot, it seemed stuck after 5 hours and I just restarted...
  3. Initial Windows 10 install from USB but hangs at blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initial Windows 10 install from USB but hangs at blank blue screen: I was trying to install windows 10 but before formatting or installing I tried my chances with troubleshooting errors and windows trying to save the start-up error that caused all of the problem. While doing the troubleshoot, it seemed stuck after 5 hours and I just restarted...
  4. Initial Windows 10 install from USB but hangs at blank blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. bootable usb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    bootable usb: windows 10 will not boot from recognizable usb, why?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bootable-usb/bfe29314-5442-42c5-886a-46d019fbb324
  6. USB Bootable

USB Bootable: Using Tutorial below. .(Boot from USB Drive on Windows 10 PC.) After step 7. I don't get step 8 to select USB I get :- 8GB of free disk space needed on (C:) Move files you no longer need or use Disk Cleanup to create space then try again Help please.. Thanks 152136
  7. Blank Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Screen after booting into Windows Installer Bootable USB: Whenever i boot into the usb that has windows 10 iso files installed i am able achieve a screen with the windows logo and a cirlce loading with dots, after it fades my whole screen turns black with no installer appearing. I am unable to access anything in my computer other...
  8. seaTools for DOS utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    seaTools for DOS utility: after running seatools for dos long test ,it is supposed to give me an option for repair the drive, if it is a segate drive, but i have run the long test and it did not give me this option, has any body got an idea as to why? Thanks 114537
  9. Will SeaTools for Dos recognize usb hard drives ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Will SeaTools for Dos recognize usb hard drives ?: Trying to run down an issue with my WIN 10 Pro 64bit system. If I run SeaTools for DOS off a CD...all I can get are my sata/ide drives. My problem external drive is a Seagate USB 2T...but none of my usb external drives show up under Seatools for Dos ? Is it me or is this...
  10. Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable)

Black screen on Installation? (USB Bootable): I was planning to reformat my old pc so i downloaded windows 10 & created bootable USB. But when i tried to boot the usb drive, it just gives me blackscreen after the blue windows logo. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried waiting for 20minutes but nothing happen at all,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. seatools bootable stuck

2. seatools blank screen

3. SeaTools Bootable black screen