Windows 10: "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

Discus and support "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FormerMS, Jun 26, 2022.

1. FormerMS Win User

"Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks.

:)

FormerMS, Jun 26, 2022
  2. Arul_D Win User

History is missing in Internet Explorer 11

Hi Shirley,

• When you say “There is no history on the internet explorer” what exactly are you referring to?

• Is history tab is missing or history entries is missing in Internet Explorer?
    Follow the step to fix this issue.

Run Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.

Steps to run Internet Explorer performance troubleshooter.

• Go to the start screen.
    • Enter Troubleshooting in the search box, and then tap or click Troubleshooting.
    • Tap or click View all, select Internet Explorer Performance, and then follow the instructions in the Troubleshooter.
    If issue persists refer the link to reset Internet Explorer 11.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Resetting Internet Explorer isn't reversible, and all previous settings are lost after reset.

Do reply with the result. If you need further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 26, 2022
  3. Search Function on File Explorer is not Working

Hi,

In response to your questions:

1. Did you make any changes to your PC prior to this issue?

Not that I am aware of.

2. Can you type in the search bar when you do not click on the Start button?

The search button on the task bar works - it is the search box on file explorer that is not functioning

"Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11 c2c1fe5f-5306-4cb2-9dc7-b2a07fe3713b.png

3. What troubleshooting steps have to tried to fix the issue?

Confirmed file explorer options are set to default

Indexing Options - the only exclusion is against OS(C"Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11 :) and that is Data; AppData; AppData

4. Does the issue occur when you are performing or running certain specific in the background?

The issue occurs even when only 1 File Explorer Window is open and task manager is not showing other programs running.

Re Method One - the search box in the control panel does not work. I opened via viewing as icons

and used both the default Files don't appear in search results and Search Function on File Explorer is not working as both a user and an administrator which led to explore additonal information which led to this website.

Re Method Two - response was

• Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Windows Updates show the device is up to date.

Previously, as I typed into the search box, it would start searching at the first keystroke and now nothing.

Any more help will be appreciated.

Dragonfly171, Jun 26, 2022
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Search for Missing files in File Explorer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are looking for a file named “Class” with the length of the file. However, currently File Explorer doesn’t have the option to search the files using the length.

You can follow the steps mentioned below to search for a file in File Explorer using the Size, Kind of file and other options.

1. Press and hold Windows key + E to open
      File Explorer.
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane.
    3. Press F3 key to open Search options.
    4. You can select the Size,
      Kind
      of file and other options and then, search for the file.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 26, 2022
Thema:

1. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Search again function

2. Search function in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search function in Explorer: When I search in Explorer for something, i get a list of the files which contain that search item. However, I need to know in which folder those files are and I can't see any way of establishing that without actually opening the files. I want to be able to establish in which...
  3. Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, Using File Explorer Search Function trying to search file with the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, Using File Explorer Search Function trying to search file with the...: Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, Using File Explorer Search Function. I have several thousand text type files all of them contain some number in the file name. I am trying to search of any file with the specific digits 0004 in the file name. The search finds files with 0004 in the name...
  4. Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, Using File Explorer Search Function trying to search file with the...

Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, Using File Explorer Search Function trying to search file with the...: Windows 11 Pro, 23H2, Using File Explorer Search Function. I have several thousand text type files all of them contain some number in the file name. I am trying to search of any file with the specific digits 0004 in the file name. The search finds files with 0004 in the name...
  5. "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Search again in" function missing in File Explorer in Windows 11: Where is the "Search again in" function in File Explorer in Windows 11? It's there in Windows 10 when I want to run the same search again in a different folder. Thanks....
  6. Windows 11 File Explorer functionality

Windows 11 File Explorer functionality: I am very disappointed with the lack of functionality with File Explorer with the new Windows 11. I use File Explorer for the purpose of exploring and sorting of files and folders and this is now no where as functional as for Window10 or earlier versions. I hope you...
  7. File explore search powered by windows search is missing functions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explore search powered by windows search is missing functions: [ATTACH] Why are these functions from the old search missing? Why are we forced to use the ribbon? Instant search. Have to press enter now. Dropdown for kind, size options, date range calendar... Completely missing. Blue coloring for kind, size, date syntax... Its only...
  8. Search functionality within File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search functionality within File Explorer: I read a post from 2017 stating that the functionality to default search preference to "current folder" within the File Explorer is not possible. Has this since changed as it has now been 2 years and it is actually very frustrating to navigate through endless files or have...
  9. I'm missing the File Explorer search function - Win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I'm missing the File Explorer search function - Win 10: There is no search function in my File Explorer. Just File, Computer and View. How do i get it back?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-missing-the-file-explorer-search-function-win/8d046999-8f8e-4bf4-9127-f947673d4f3b"
  10. Search for Missing files in File Explorer

in Cortana
    Search for Missing files in File Explorer: I am using iTunes to locate missing files, which takes me to Explorer. All I have is the name of the files and the length in minutes to identify (and the name is the same). So I'm looking for a file called Class with a length of 2:30, as opposed to a file called Class with...