Windows 10: Search and Cortana not working?

Discus and support Search and Cortana not working? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VerbalConfusion, Jun 5, 2020.

1. Search and Cortana not working?

This has been an issue for me for a while but I usually ignore it because I can't seem to fix it, but here I am. Neither search or Cortana seem to even launch, clicking on the search icon on my taskbar does nothing, but I do notice Cortana's process pop up in task manager before quickly disappearing. Here's the log that shows up for the issue:

Source Search and Cortana application Summary Stopped working Date ‎05-‎Jun-‎2020 6:31 PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\SearchUI.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash Package Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.12.3.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy Application Name: praid:CortanaUI Application Version: 10.0.18362.752 Application Timestamp: 5e7049d9 Fault Module Name: StackHash12_0bd Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Code: 80004001 Exception Offset: 0 OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.768.101 Locale ID: 4105 Additional Information 1: cff5 Additional Information 2: cff59d4081bc86dd428adbe469902ba9 Additional Information 3: 7ac9 Additional Information 4: 7ac9be91012e99192329c090a34602b2 Extra information about the problem Bucket ID: 4e4162284c2fe8908c861230070e2ea4 (2055350277427310244)
    submitted by /u/VerbalConfusion
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VerbalConfusion, Jun 5, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

Search and Cortana not working? [​IMG]

Try0x101, Jun 5, 2020
  3. janeoct22 Win User
    Cortana search not working AT ALL

Cortana has not worked since I took the laptop out of the box. There were no changes made to the PC. I will try creating a new admin account as suggested by the link above and will let you know if that still does not work. I have tried all of the other
    steps listed in that article.

janeoct22, Jun 5, 2020
  4. mfw884 Win User

Search and Cortana not working?

Cortana and Search Box no longer working after windows refresh

Hi Nachappa,

Thanks for your quick response. To answer your questions:

• Per your suggestion, I tried Safe Mode. The problems still existed in Safe Mode. As a side note - I realized in the process that my power button has disappeared from the sign in screen, so I had to activate Safe Mode from Settings. Not sure if that is
      related to the Cortana issue or not.
    • I ran sfc/scannow. It came back that there were some corrupted files, but they could not be fixed. I restarted the computer, and the search bar/Cortana still wouldn't work.
    • I ran all three Dism prompts and they all came back as having successfully completed. I restarted the computer, and the search bar/Cortana still wouldn't work.
    What would you suggest as a next step?

Thanks,

Maria

mfw884, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

Search and Cortana not working?

1. Search and Cortana not working? - Similar Threads - Search Cortana working

2. Search Not Working Win10- Search and Cortana

in Cortana
    Search Not Working Win10- Search and Cortana: Hi, Cortana was slowing down my pc so I deleted/disabled search and Cortana. I don't know how I did it but I need help! I cannot use windows search and I am dependent on it for .exe applications. Please help me in installing/enabling it. I have already tried going to...
  3. Cortana and Search not working.

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not working.: Since I've updated my windows 10 to the November Update. The Cortana and search bar is permanently disabled, it ran only the first time. I reinstalled the newer version, they worked for first time, but again got disabled in the next restart. I tried all possible solutions,...
  4. Cortana and search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana and search not working: After installing the latest update of windows with the latest apps, my C drive's storage space drastically decreased (assuming because of the windows old folder being created), along with the start button having a slow response and the cortana & search unable to function. I...
  5. Cortana Search not working

in Cortana
    Cortana Search not working: Hi, I have two issues with Cortana Search. In 1 PC the user is able to search the apps using cortana search but as soon as he clicks the apps, the apps closes i.e. if he opens CALC then CALC opens and closes immediately. This is happening for all the microsoft apps. But...
  6. Search Box/Cortana not working

in Cortana
    Search Box/Cortana not working: Hi microsoft. My laptop's search box/cortana isn't working. It doesn't show any search results. I already tried troubleshooting the search and indexing only to no avail. Please help...
  7. Cortana and Search buttons not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search buttons not working: Recently I noticed Cortana had failed to operate when I hit the button. Then I noticed that when I hit search, again nothing happened. I think these problems may be related. 77278
  8. Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Taskbar Search Not Working: Cortana taskbar search shows up but when you click on it, you cannot enter text. Also even though you can see the Cortana control panel listing when searching in Settings when you click on it it does not open. I checked and the Cortana files are in the System Apps folder. The...
  9. Cortana and Search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana and Search not working: Hey! Im new to this website so sorry if I do anything wrong, so my problem is, when i try to click cortana nothing opens and when i try to search nothing happens as well. I'm just clicking keys and it doesn't search. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks 63973
  10. cortana/search not working?!?!

in Windows 10 Support
    cortana/search not working?!?!: just done a fresh install with the latest iso available. here it is the problem using search/cortana... (honestly i didn't care in the past, so i don't it's a normal beahaviour) -loggin in as administrator i can use the search and find settings like "system restore" or...