Windows 10: Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel

Discus and support Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Windows 10 and Office 365 If I have a sentence in Word and I want to change a bit of text by adding something at the end of every sentence - eg Old... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Sigurd, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Sigurd Win User

Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel

Windows 10 and Office 365

If I have a sentence in Word and I want to change a bit of text by adding something at the end of every sentence -
    eg Old text. to read Old text. New text.
    I can search for the paragraph marker using ^p and replace it with " New text.^p so that Old text.^p becomes Old text. New text.^p
    My sentence is now Old text. New text.

I want to do the same with text in cells in a Word or Excel table, but I don't know what control character to use. It's not ^p. Can anyone tell me what it is at the end of text in each cell of Word and Excel? Word shows a small circle with 4 spikes (a mini Corona!); Excel doesn't show anything.

:)

Sigurd, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Sigurd Win User

Thanks Berton.
    In Word you can use Find and Replace and select More then Special and there is a list of codes for Paragraph mark ^p, Manual line break ^l or Non-breaking space ^s and search for those. Using Word I could search for ^p at the end of a line of text in a cell then replace it with ^p new text^p
    What I am looking for is something similar that was at the end of the text in an Excel cell that I could use in a similar way, but I don't think there is a paragraph break at the end of a line of text in an Excel spreadsheet.
    I could convert the spreadsheet to Word, do the work there as detailed above and then convert back to Excel.

Sigurd, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Sigurd Win User

Windows 10 and Office 365

If I have a sentence in Word and I want to change a bit of text by adding something at the end of every sentence -
    eg Old text. to read Old text. New text.
    I can search for the paragraph marker using ^p and replace it with " New text.^p so that Old text.^p becomes Old text. New text.^p
    My sentence is now Old text. New text.

I want to do the same with text in cells in a Word or Excel table, but I don't know what control character to use. It's not ^p. Can anyone tell me what it is at the end of text in each cell of Word and Excel? Word shows a small circle with 4 spikes (a mini Corona!); Excel doesn't show anything.

Sigurd, Aug 29, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

Berton, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel - Similar Threads - Search Replace Word

2. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  3. Word & Excel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word & Excel: I bought this computer with Microsoft Word and Excel already installed. There is no annual fee. Can I transfer these programs to another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-excel/aa0fe52c-84f7-4399-b1a6-c41c97dcfd91
  4. Remove automatic search word replacement

in Cortana
    Remove automatic search word replacement: Hello,Im found or come across often this kind issue when you serach someting in serach bar. When you serach someting windows remember your last used "words" or "serach words" & that okay i guess but, the real issue is that. When you write there new serach word & press...
  5. Word and excel

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Word and excel: I bought this computer with word and excel already installed, no discs or install codes were given. I received an automatic upgrade from microsoft November 10th and installed the upgrade as usual. When I tried to open an excel file it changed the file name and would not open...
  6. Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search and Replace in Word and.or Excel: Windows 10 and Office 365 If I have a sentence in Word and I want to change a bit of text by adding something at the end of every sentence - eg Old text. to read Old text. New text. I can search for the paragraph marker using ^p and replace it with " New text.^p so that...
  7. Excel and Word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Excel and Word: Why just out of the blue do I get this pop up when I open excel and word that says "We're sorry, but excel and word has run into an error that is preventing it from working ,,,,,, " This prevents me from working as it just closes on it's own. There is always something with...
  8. msointl.dll with Word and Excel

in Microsoft Office and 365
    msointl.dll with Word and Excel: I've tried to resolve this issue and it's not working I also tried Microsoft solution and it didn't work either. Any way to fix this? This is Office 2010. Thank you [img] [img] 139067
  9. Using Word and Excel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using Word and Excel: I recently upgraded to a new computer with Windows 10 . I can't use Word or Excel. I can only look and print what is there! I can't edit or create new documents like I could with Windows XP. I don't really think I improved my computer if I can't use these programs. Help...
  10. WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WORD/EXCEL DISAPPEARED: I just recently reinstalled my Windows 10 and now I can not find Word, Excel or any other Office applications on my computer. I have been using Windows 10 for a couple of years now, after upgrading Windows 7. This is the second time I reinstalled my windows and it's the...