Windows 10: "Search App by Ask" or Teoma.com

Discus and support "Search App by Ask" or Teoma.com in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I received the following message on the bottom right corner of my screen: Your "Search App by Ask" was Successfully Updated Note: your browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by (PhilipMo), May 12, 2019.

1. "Search App by Ask" or Teoma.com

I received the following message on the bottom right corner of my screen:

Your "Search App by Ask" was Successfully Updated

Note: your browser settings are no longer set to Teoma.com

Would you like Teoma.com back as your browser's home page?

Delivered by Search App by Ask Yes No

I didn't recognize either "ASK" or "Teoma" so did a google search. It appears that they both are malware. So do I press Yes or No?? or neither? It's still on my screen as I haven't closed my computer.

A week or so before it did appear that my browser was highjacked as I was getting a mass of adds. Then I saw a button near the top of the page at the google search to remove it (forgot exactly what it said) anyway I pressed it and the adds went away.

:)

(PhilipMo), May 12, 2019

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 12, 2019
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, May 12, 2019
  4. enso Win User

"Search App by Ask" or Teoma.com

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

Thema:

"Search App by Ask" or Teoma.com

1. "Search App by Ask" or Teoma.com - Similar Threads - Search App Ask

2. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  3. YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@group s. outlook. com In contacts app for...: YourFamily_000000000000000000023000085c134e5@groups. outlook. com In contacts app for windows 10 and it wont go away.I tried deleting it and it just keeps coming back. I saw a similar post here: "Your family Group" has appeared in Outlook.com and I - Microsoft Community but...
  4. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox: A few days ago I tried playing Roblox but when I pressed play, Microsoft Store asked me to look for another app to launch Roblox. So I searched up Roblox in Microsoft Store and selected it but it just kept loading for a really long time. Then I tried deleting and...
  5. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox: A few days ago I tried playing Roblox but when I pressed play, Microsoft Store asked me to look for another app to launch Roblox. So I searched up Roblox in Microsoft Store and selected it but it just kept loading for a really long time. Then I tried deleting and...
  6. Microsoft store keeps asking me to search for another app to use Roblox

7. : help me please it asks Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    : help me please it asks Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task...: .I have one issue from 3 days. I signed in with my microsoft account in windows so then later I shut downed my pc and then I tried to login it asked ..Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task .. Would you like to search for one in the store. I clicked...
  8. : help me please it asks Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    : help me please it asks Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task...: .I have one issue from 3 days. I signed in with my microsoft account in windows so then later I shut downed my pc and then I tried to login it asked ..Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task .. Would you like to search for one in the store. I clicked...
  9. : help me please it asks Search for an app in the store .. you need an app for this task...

10. ask me anything search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    ask me anything search box: where is the ask me anything search box located https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/ask-me-anything-search-box/a3b12171-4111-44f4-94af-c2abd7ba36f8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to respond to Note: Your browser settings are no longer set to Teoma.com.Would you like us Teoma.com as your browser homepage

2. why does ask say change to teoma