Windows 10: Search bar acting up

Discus and support Search bar acting up in Cortana to solve the problem; My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by BNXH, Jun 22, 2021.

1. BNXH Win User

Search bar acting up

My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it started and none of the troubleshooting steps have done much to help. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening? Other than the weird glitch, there's no issue with the actual application itself as search and indexing works perfectly fine. I haven't been able to narrow down if anything triggers it just yet but it doesn't seem to have a pattern of any sort.

:)

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 22, 2021
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 22, 2021
  4. Search bar acting up

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

Search bar acting up

1. Search bar acting up - Similar Threads - Search bar acting

2. somethings up with my search bar....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    somethings up with my search bar....: OK, so something happened to my taskbar search bar.When I booted it today, its actually shorter than it was originally.like this...instead like this...I dont know what happened to it.can anyone help?...
  3. somethings up with my search bar....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    somethings up with my search bar....: OK, so something happened to my taskbar search bar.When I booted it today, its actually shorter than it was originally.like this...instead like this...I dont know what happened to it.can anyone help?...
  4. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  5. Windows Search bar is messed up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Search bar is messed up: --> I recently messed up the regedit so when i did that the search bar stopped working properly, i restored my pc through a restore point. after restoring the regedit was back to normal but the searchbar issue still persists. This is basically how my searchbar looks when i...
  6. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Cortana
    when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up: so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top...
  7. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up: so when I open the search bar it will act like I'm holding my up key. when i restart my pc it will stop but after I'm dun gaming and I go to tern my pc of it just scrolls to the top...
  8. when i use windows search bar it acts like im holding down up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Search bar acting weird today.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar acting weird today.: Alright guys; So since today, I have this little problem which makes a box around the search bar thing.Let me show you. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzfac-tRBIICA77mKYLhLUG95OsPn_h3/view?usp=sharing As you see in the picture, I have a little black outline around the...
  10. Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game Bar acting up and it kills me: So I have 2 problems: My microphone is always disabled when I start a recording. Which means I have to click the microphone whenever I start a recording. This sucks if I'm in the middle of a game and I want to record a moment. I've already given XGB permission to use the...