Windows 10: Search bar acting weird today.

Discus and support Search bar acting weird today. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright guys; So since today, I have this little problem which makes a box around the search bar thing.Let me show you.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CrazyBlobie32_, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Search bar acting weird today.

Alright guys; So since today, I have this little problem which makes a box around the search bar thing.Let me show you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qzfac-tRBIICA77mKYLhLUG95OsPn_h3/view?usp=sharing

As you see in the picture, I have a little black outline around the thing where you search. But hey, pressing tab won't remove the black outline; it stays and it just moves to the next search result. Before, I didn't have the thing. You see, pressing tab before moves to the next search result without the box (when that thing never existed). Thus; Does it happen with all of you, or is it just me? Please help me find a solution, it's very annoying.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/CrazyBlobie32_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CrazyBlobie32_, Mar 26, 2021

2. Weird Search Bar Bug

So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this
    Search bar acting weird today. [​IMG]

So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I restarted, I shut down and turn on, none of them worked. Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

bruhmomento, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Search bar acting weird today.

Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar..

Here it is: m ICROSOFT help — Postimages

And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana...

This search bar does everything cortana does but it slows my computer down a TON.

I think it has something to do with IME whatever that is. Because when i right click the search bar it says "Open IME" and when i click it nothing opens then gives me the option to "Close IME"

Drifter0507, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

Search bar acting weird today.

1. Search bar acting weird today. - Similar Threads - Search bar acting

2. Search bar crash and weird date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar crash and weird date: I've been having problems with windows search bar, specificly on one user i try searching and it instantly crashes it also shows a date in the bottom right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crash-and-weird-date/fcd25b17-4f4a-4279-a00e-de7b7cae843f
  3. Search bar crash and weird date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar crash and weird date: I've been having problems with windows search bar, specificly on one user i try searching and it instantly crashes it also shows a date in the bottom right. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crash-and-weird-date/fcd25b17-4f4a-4279-a00e-de7b7cae843f
  4. Search bar acting up

in Cortana
    Search bar acting up: My search bar keeps doing this thing where it glitches randomly as though it's been clicked refer to the image below. It's been about a week since it started and none of the troubleshooting steps have done much to help. Does anybody have any idea why this might be happening?...
  5. Was there a search bar update today?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Was there a search bar update today?: Mine changed. It used to have four or five icons on the top. With one column showing my recent apps, and the other one with weather and an icon for news. This just changed today. Now it's showing me weather and multiple news stories on the left, and tons of my recent apps on...
  6. Search bar looking weird

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar looking weird: [ATTACH] This is what my search thing looks like, what happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-looking-weird/2c83f2b5-ee2f-4914-8178-e7fffa613922
  7. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  8. Game bar acting weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar acting weird: I am having a lot of trouble in the Xbox Game Bar Captures. So this glitch only happens on Roblox, for some reason, and it puts these giant black borders around the actual recording. Is there any way to fix this? Because it really messes up my videos. Thank you!...
  9. Weird Search Bar at the Top Of The Screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird Search Bar at the Top Of The Screen: There is a weird search bar on the top of the screen that I can not figure out how to disable it. If anyone could help it would be awesome. [ATTACH]...
  10. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...