Windows 10: Search Bar and Explorer not working

Discus and support Search Bar and Explorer not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Master_Chryria, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Search Bar and Explorer not working

Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after opening the folder again. While trying to fix the problem I also discovered that my Search Bar closed before I was able to type on it.

I tried sfc /scannow and it said that it was able to find problems but not solve it. Disabling Thumbnails fix the Explorer crashs but I need to see them since its image files and I would need to open one by one without them.

submitted by /u/Master_Chryria
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Master_Chryria, Apr 11, 2021

2. File Explorer Search Not Working

I am trying to search in File Explorer (Windows Explorer, My Computer) and it will not find anything. I can copy text from a name in the list and paste it in the search box and it still finds nothing. I have looked at the suggestions that have been posted and nothing I find that is relative to this works. Anyone have any suggestions? I am running Win 10 Pro on an I3 coustom desktop computer.

Maestro2711, Apr 11, 2021
  3. RBN27 Win User
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

Hi,

The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions?

Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after updates have been installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use the search bar a lot in my job.

RBN27, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Search Bar and Explorer not working

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar and Explorer not working

1. Search Bar and Explorer not working - Similar Threads - Search Bar Explorer

2. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  3. Taskbar and Explorer search bars do not work

in Cortana
    Taskbar and Explorer search bars do not work: The search bar on my taskbar and the search bar in explorer do not work, clicking on them does nothing. Also the windows start button and all of the icons on the start menu work perfectly fine it's literally just the search bar that does not work. I've looked through some...
  4. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  5. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  6. Search button/bar/file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search button/bar/file explorer not working: I can't click any of the search buttons at all (they don't do anything). I have rebuilt the index, reset apps to default and restarted computer multiple times. I'm on insider build 19041.264 (version 2004). submitted by /u/AeonCaptain [link] [comments]...
  7. windows explorer search bars/buttons not working...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows explorer search bars/buttons not working...: I have a really strange issue which affects all windows explorer processes like the buttons in the start menu and the search bars in the file explorer. Whenever i try and click on an element like a button or search bar, or try to type something into a windows search bar, it...
  8. Windows 10 Explorer Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Explorer Search bar not working: I can't even activate the search bar field so that I can type in it . How do I fix it ? windows version : https://imgur.com/a/zpSAdfa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-explorer-search-bar-not-working/2b594ff4-15a3-4821-b4b8-8a72ce40b2f3"
  9. Search bar in start and explorer not working / not clickable

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in start and explorer not working / not clickable: Hello guys, I'm new on the forum since i just got win 10. I know there are plenty of posts about search bar problems but non of the solutions helped yet. So the search stopped working completely so that i can't even click on the bar on either the task bar or in explorer,...
  10. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...