Windows 10: Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10

Discus and support Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rinabow, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Rinabow Win User

Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10

HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that keeps coming back each time no matter what I do. I've re-done the Windows installation several times, but this seems to only fix the issue temporarily, and I can't find any other solution that works.Everything will be running fine for the first few days of the install, and then I don't know whether it's an update, or something else that I'm doing afterwards, but I seem to encounter some issue where the search bar on the start menu and in folder

:)

Rinabow, Nov 23, 2022
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows 10 installing progs

Fresh installs do it too, in fact i have had the same bs happen. Might be suggested apps which you can turn off.

AsRock, Nov 23, 2022
  3. Windows 10 - Error Ox85050041. Mail app not syncing e-mails and Windows update not working.

Hello Linda,

We understand now that your are facing issue with your e-mail syncing in Mail app and Windows update not working. Let's try the steps below and check if it works:

Step 1: Kindly follow the steps mentioned in the link below and check if it helps:

Resolve sync issues in Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10

Step 2: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Update troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 3:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 23, 2022
  4. Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10

Papahyooie, Nov 23, 2022
Thema:

Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10

1. Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Search bar mail

2. Search bar related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar related: Can anybody tell me why Windows 11 search bar automatically changed in windows d when try to open Windows Defender or chrome in my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-related/dce994da-8945-4b39-81cb-d12e1f06c120
  3. Search bar related

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar related: Can anybody tell me why Windows 11 search bar automatically changed in windows d when try to open Windows Defender or chrome in my windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-related/dce994da-8945-4b39-81cb-d12e1f06c120
  4. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  5. Latest Windows update breaking search bar?

Latest Windows update breaking search bar?: Recently installed the latest windows update 23H2 and since then apart from opening the start menu having a few seconds of delay, the search bar seems to be completely broken. Whenever I click on the search function, it just completely closes the start menu and nothing else...
  6. Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10

Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10: HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that keeps coming back each time no matter what I do. I've re-done the Windows installation several times, but this seems to only...
  7. Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10

in Cortana
    Search bar and mail-related apps break after system update on a fresh install of windows 10: HiI recently reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Pro 4 for personal reasons outside of this issue, but ever since re-installing I've had an issue that keeps coming back each time no matter what I do. I've re-done the Windows installation several times, but this seems to only...
  8. Windows Updates keep breaking search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates keep breaking search bar: I am getting really frustrated with the most recent updates. They keep breaking my search bar to where they do not allow me to type and just shut down in both the windows search and windows explorer search. It has been happening since the June updates. The only thing that...
  9. Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search bar keeps breaking: Hi, so my Windows 10 search bar keeps breaking to where its half darkmode half lightmode my pc is on darkmodethis has only been happening since i installed the new cumulative update KB5003214 note that this update took 5x longer to install than any other cumulative update,...
  10. Query related to Search Bar on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Query related to Search Bar on Windows 10: I'm with all the others on here that at wits end with Windows10 on my new laptop. I hate the search box that takes up 2/3 of my screen. I can barely see my news feed. It is so annoying to not see anything on an entire screen. Does anyone know how to change that? I want...