Windows 10: Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

Discus and support Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; My search bar and start menu stopped working a little while ago and I've tried most general things I could find on various forums and websites, but so... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Simon Perrins, May 14, 2022.

1. Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

My search bar and start menu stopped working a little while ago and I've tried most general things I could find on various forums and websites, but so far nothing has worked including multiple repair upgrades.Whenever I have tried to download Microsoft store using Get-AppxPackage it returns something along the lines of this error:Simply ran Get-AppxPackage in admin powershellGet-AppxPackage : The database disk image is malformed The database disk image is malformed At line:1 char:1 + Get-AppxPackage + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: : [Get-AppxPackage], Exceptio

:)

Simon Perrins, May 14, 2022
  2. AB_721 Win User

windows 10 start menu doesn´t work

Hi

I returned to my own old microsoft account because of reason I descriebed before.

I run Microsoft Safety Scanner, didn`t find any spyware or viruses. This issue didn`t help me to solve the start menu problem.

I use norton as antivirus software. I tried disableing it, but also didn`t help. Only helped me unninstaling drop box programme. The start menu has been working until than, but with very limmeted functions. Don`t recieve error mesage.
    The microsoft store app program is not shown up. Microsoft Mail programme don`t work, have to use webmail. I tried again attempt reinstall apps via powershell, but without any success. I use Microsoft account.

Thanks.

Anton

AB_721, May 14, 2022
  3. JDivineŠ Win User
    stuff that don`t work

I also tryed safe mode, it still didn`t work on it. and Glucofacts Deluxe STILL does not work, so... you say that you don`t know how it started working on win 10 for you?

JDivineŠ, May 14, 2022
  4. armym3 Win User

Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, May 14, 2022
Thema:

Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

1. Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage - Similar Threads - Search bar start

2. Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start menu, Search bar & Microsoft Edge all not working.: I've been working on a computer since yesterday and have had some huge issues trying to update it Windows 10 22H2. I ultimately decided it isn't worth the hassle for now and stopped the service wuauserv so it will stop trying to install anything.Now the problem is that the...
  3. Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11: Hey guys, I got a new gaming desktop, setting it up was going well for the most part, I was just downloading apps when it suddenly stopped letting me use the settings, search bar and start menu, this is driving me insane, I tried accessing settings through run, I tried...
  4. Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11: Hey guys, I got a new gaming desktop, setting it up was going well for the most part, I was just downloading apps when it suddenly stopped letting me use the settings, search bar and start menu, this is driving me insane, I tried accessing settings through run, I tried...
  5. Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage: My search bar and start menu stopped working a little while ago and I've tried most general things I could find on various forums and websites, but so far nothing has worked including multiple repair upgrades.Whenever I have tried to download Microsoft store using...
  6. Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar and start menu don't work and Microsoft store deleted. Can't use Get-AppxPackage: My search bar and start menu stopped working a little while ago and I've tried most general things I could find on various forums and websites, but so far nothing has worked including multiple repair upgrades.Whenever I have tried to download Microsoft store using...
  7. Can't type in start menu search bar?

in Cortana
    Can't type in start menu search bar?: Today i started facing this issue after i set my system's locale to japan so i could run some software.The language options on the bottom right of the bar disappeared and suddenly I wasn't able to type anything in the search box of the start menu. or the settings. I tried...
  8. start menu search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  9. Start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  10. Can't use Start or Search Bar

in Cortana
    Can't use Start or Search Bar: Had the issue for 2-3 days now, when i type into the search bar it closes after 1 letter and if i try to click anything in the start menu it flashes and closes. I had similar problem trying to use the windows help service where i couldn't open the options to select my...