Windows 10: Search bar and windows start menu button not working

Discus and support Search bar and windows start menu button not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tried to restart file explorer in task manager, never helped, ran sfc, said it found corrupted files, and fixed it, but still never helped, what... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cerberus45GTX, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Search bar and windows start menu button not working

I've tried to restart file explorer in task manager, never helped, ran sfc, said it found corrupted files, and fixed it, but still never helped, what else can I try to fix those two options on the taskbar?

submitted by /u/Cerberus45GTX
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cerberus45GTX, Jun 5, 2023
  2. weybrew Win User

Windows 10 START and SEARCH buttons don't work

For some reason both my main Windows button and Search buttons don't work. Other buttons on the Task Bar work as usual. Right click on either button gives a white-on-black context menu. Anyone have a suggestion, please?

weybrew, Jun 5, 2023
  3. Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

Fix problems with the Start menu - Microsoft Support

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 5, 2023
  4. Search bar and windows start menu button not working

Start button and search bar not working

Problem that start button and search do not work has NOT been resolved. I have tried the steps suggested in previous answers but this has not worked. Altogether very frustrating and a big turn off to my opinion of Windows 10. HELP!

Original Title: MikeKetley

MichaelKetley, Jun 5, 2023
Thema:

Search bar and windows start menu button not working

1. Search bar and windows start menu button not working - Similar Threads - Search bar start

2. Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working: My Start Menu and Windows Search bar are not opening up on my Windows 11 HP laptop. I have already tried resetting the device, checking for updates, restarting Windows Explorer, and updating the driver. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. Please help me with this problem....
  3. Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu and Windows Search bar not working: My Start Menu and Windows Search bar are not opening up on my Windows 11 HP laptop. I have already tried resetting the device, checking for updates, restarting Windows Explorer, and updating the driver. Unfortunately, nothing seems to work. Please help me with this problem....
  4. start button and search bar working on the task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  5. The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Start Button/Search Bar and the Notification Menu are not responding and starting on...: Every time I click on these icons, I have had absolutely NO response whatsoever except for the transparent effect when my pointer hovers over it. So, If you could answer this question really quickly, I would very much appreciate it !!...
  6. start menu search bar not working

start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  7. Start Button and Search bar not working

Start Button and Search bar not working: Hi All, I have tried googling the above issues and took several steps to solve this to no avail. below are the steps which I took: 1 SFC scan - told me not issues. 2 Clean boot 3 Get-AppXPackage- Error: The database disk image is malformed 4 Start application...
  8. start button and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start button and search bar not working: dear sir respectfully i beg to say that after purchase of laptop i face many problem in window 10 i install program and after installation window not working properly. program running after installing and after restart program not work. 8 days working i want to solution...
  9. Start menu and search bar not working

Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  10. Windows start menu and search bar not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows start menu and search bar not working: Yesterday I updated a pc to windows 10 version 1909 and applied all the recent updates. After this, when I tried to open the start menu or use the search bar nothing would work. Even the windows key did nothing. Not knowing if this was a standalone fault I updated another pc...