Windows 10: Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

Discus and support Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input in Cortana to solve the problem; Search bar anywhere in Windows 10 File Explorer, any search inside Settings does not accept input from Keyboard. I have all possible solutions posted... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TVSIVARAMAN, Dec 14, 2020.

1. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

Search bar anywhere in Windows 10 File Explorer, any search inside Settings does not accept input from Keyboard.

I have all possible solutions posted on the Internet, including answers posted on this Forum. This has been happening since last two weeks, after the recent OS update.

I am unable to role back recent update as Windows 10 informs me it is too old to role back.

:)

TVSIVARAMAN, Dec 14, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 14, 2020
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 14, 2020
  4. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

Windows apps stopped accepting keyboard input.

Well, I tried it.

I ran into my first problem following the steps provided, because even the search under "Start" doesn't accept my keyboard input.

I solved that by using Win+R and typing msconfig into there (it will accept input just fine).

I followed all the instructions disabling every non-windows service and every startup app I could (My anti-virus would not switch to disabled) and rebooted.

I had the same problem; everything still refused to take my keyboard input. Except, I suppose, the store app. That app would crash less than a second after it appeared.

focusloser, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input

1. Search bar anywhere in Windows does not accept Keyboard input - Similar Threads - Search bar anywhere

2. Why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is search bar not accepting text?: Search bar and touch keyboard is not accepting text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/4d91ad28-26b8-4436-b30a-4bb817f424e9
  3. Why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is search bar not accepting text?: Search bar and touch keyboard is not accepting text https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/4d91ad28-26b8-4436-b30a-4bb817f424e9
  4. why is search bar not accepting text?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is search bar not accepting text?: Windows 10 search bar not accepting text. Also, touch keyboard not accepting text. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-search-bar-not-accepting-text/baa2fcff-e24b-4b8a-86e5-a8046f35546e
  5. Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard input lagging/not being accepted: Hi,I have MSI GE72 6QD with the latest Windows 10with all updates installed:Edition Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 Installed on ‎17/‎5/‎2021 OS build 19043.1110 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0 I have a Hama wireless keyboard that uses Microsoft's...
  6. Feedback Hub and Search not accepting keyboard input

in Cortana
    Feedback Hub and Search not accepting keyboard input: For some reason when I went to offer feedback at the feedback hub the app wouldn't recognize the keystrokes , I went to the search box to track down an answer and oops that won't recognize input either. There is only one other program that my keystrokes won't work on and that...
  7. Startmenu does not accept input

in Windows 10 Customization
    Startmenu does not accept input: For some reason this function is gone. Normally when you open up the startmenu and begin to type you get results. Like typing "Net" and it would show the Netflix app. But nothing is happening atm....
  8. Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!!

Windows 10 pro does not detect keyboard input on windows search bar or settings bar. Help!!: My computer has Windows 10 pro 64bit and recently does not detect keyboard input on the windows search and simply anywhere I can input letter on windows Settings. I can use the keyboard normally on other apps / games / Browsers. I only use ESET internet Security 14.0.22.0...
  9. Keyboard is not working anywhere in windows from search bar to folder search or anywhere in...

Keyboard is not working anywhere in windows from search bar to folder search or anywhere in...: I did the windows update few days back, and my keyboard has stopped working, it wont type anything in windows only, it types in other apps, regedit also won't open, onscreen keyboard doesnt work too, i have an optional update of keyboard standard that will never download no...
  10. Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.

in Cortana
    Cortana search does not respond to keyboard input.: All, There have been a few threads with this title but they are all old. I now have the same issue. I can ask Cortana to open the calculator for example and she does, however if I click the magnifying glass or just press the windows key and start typing, what I type is...