Windows 10: Search Bar appearing in a strange way

Discus and support Search Bar appearing in a strange way in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My search bar is sometimes appearing in a strange way as shown in the image below.However, once I press the Windows Start button, it goes back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PremJadhav1, May 31, 2021.

1. Search Bar appearing in a strange way

My search bar is sometimes appearing in a strange way as shown in the image below.However, once I press the Windows Start button, it goes back to normal as show in the image below.But it still goes back to appearing the way it does in the first image sometimes. Please help me fix this.

:)

PremJadhav1, May 31, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2021
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Removing a search Bar

Hi Dave,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Did it appear after performing any particular function?

You may try to uninstall the search bar and check if it helps. To uninstall the
    search bar follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      search bar and click on Uninstall.
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 31, 2021
  4. Search Bar appearing in a strange way

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 31, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar appearing in a strange way

1. Search Bar appearing in a strange way - Similar Threads - Search Bar appearing

2. ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH: App icons starts to show this way..anyone has any idea why? and how to fix it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appearing-this-way-in-search/4fcf2381-91fd-4e82-9131-966c8d77ff93
  3. ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH: App icons starts to show this way..anyone has any idea why? and how to fix it? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-appearing-this-way-in-search/4fcf2381-91fd-4e82-9131-966c8d77ff93
  4. ICONS APPEARING THIS WAY IN SEARCH

in Cortana
  5. Windows search bar has strange behavior

in Cortana
    Windows search bar has strange behavior: My windows search feature is not working, however it's not completely dysfunctional. All of the resources I've tried to find involve the search bar entirely unable to search, or launch programs, however mine behaves differently. I can launch apps for the most part but...
  6. Windows search bar has strange behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search bar has strange behavior: My windows search feature is not working, however it's not completely dysfunctional. All of the resources I've tried to find involve the search bar entirely unable to search, or launch programs, however mine behaves differently. I can launch apps for the most part but...
  7. Windows search bar has strange behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. No way to show search bar on

in Windows 10 Customization
    No way to show search bar on: I updated my windows pc today and when I opened it my search bar was gone. "Oh, this happened before ill just right-click the taskbar and turn the search box on and it will be sol-" nope the option is gone. I know it gives me more space in my taskbar but i had it the other...
  9. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?: I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is either very outdated or involved messing with the registry. submitted by /u/loki0203 [link] [comments]...
  10. Strange thing on the cortana search bar

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Strange thing on the cortana search bar: I don't know why when i wanted to search an app in the search bar, the icons and text don't align normally. And I don't know what to do to fix it! Here's the pic: [ATTACH]...