Windows 10: Search bar appears as a black box

Discus and support Search bar appears as a black box in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Vincent_DelCotto, May 24, 2020.

1. Search bar appears as a black box

After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any results and will not load with any given time frame. I've done the following to attempt to fix it:

- Disable Bing and Cortana in the System Registry and restarting my computer.

- Ended the search tasks via Task Manager and restarting my computer.

- Used PowerShell in an attempt to fix the problem, following the appropriate steps, and restarting my computer.

- Running the troubleshooter, regularly and as administrator, yielding no results.

As far as I know those are all of the changes I've made; nothing more, nothing less. If there's a solution to this you will have my blessing. Thank you!

:)

Vincent_DelCotto, May 24, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 24, 2020
  3. Lost Search Box

Hi Richard,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

It might have happened if you have selected
    Show search icon instead Show search box from the task bar.

In that case, I suggest you to:

• Right-click on the task bar.

• Click on Search.

• Select Show search box.
    Hope it helps.

Kindly, let us know if you need further assistance with the issue. We are happy to assist you.

Abdul_Malik, May 24, 2020
  4. Search bar appears as a black box

search box missing in task bar

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

- Are you using desktop mode or tablet mode?

If you are using desktop mode and facing this issue I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Search bar appears as a black box

1. Search bar appears as a black box - Similar Threads - Search bar appears

2. black box appears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  3. black box appears

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    black box appears: Sometimes when I'm scrolling on a page and put the cursor over a particular place, a black square appears around it and then goes away when i move the cursor. Is it something that I might be touching on the keyboard inadvertently. Do you know what could be causing this. I do...
  4. Abnormal appearance of the search box

in Windows 10 Customization
    Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  5. Black Search box

in Cortana
    Black Search box: Hi, when I try to search in the top box of Explorer, the text turns black and nothing is clear! [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-search-box/88f815d4-d96f-4ef8-bb11-78715b57cf32
  6. Black Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Search Bar: So basically, I want a black search bar in Windows 10 2004 nothing else just my search bar is there any way to change it to black without changing the other applications? submitted by /u/Nukkusu [link] [comments]...
  7. black search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    black search bar: [ATTACH] how to get rid this black search bar thing in my laptop it annoys me always, I deleted chromium but it's still there, but I still doubt that its from chromium or not, pls help......
  8. search box on task bar

search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53
  9. Search Box - Not in Taks Bar

Search Box - Not in Taks Bar: Followed the two recommended solutions. No avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-not-in-taks-bar/6c86083d-4c87-443c-8cb5-f5495a62c8a4
  10. Object in black box appeared

Object in black box appeared: I now have an object in the upper left corner of my screen. I can't move it. I get nothing if I right click it. It looks like a vertical stipe with some white at the top and then mostly red with 100% below it - all on a black box. How do I get rid of this?...