Windows 10: Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update

Discus and support Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had to repost to make it clearly, this search is not working, tapping on it doesn't do anything, start menu and everything else works fine, i noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SnoopDoge93, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update

I had to repost to make it clearly, this search is not working, tapping on it doesn't do anything, start menu and everything else works fine, i noticed the issue two days ago, please help

submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SnoopDoge93, Sep 1, 2020
  2. birkhauer Win User

Windows 10 64bit, can't type in search bar / start menu, tried powershell fix but didn't help

Hello guys and search for a solution for this problem and its was the simple of things.

I don´t know why it works but try it and tell if it works for you guys too.

• Press Win + R (to open Run )
    • copy paste and press enter to run this program. "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe". it brings back the language bar and for me it allowed me to type in windows search, start menu and WINDOWS 10 apps again
    I think it is due to missing Language bar or some think like that.

Best regards.

birkhauer, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Windows 10 64bit, can't type in search bar / start menu, tried powershell fix but didn't help

its works, thanks so much.

mahadewanto, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update

Issues with accessing apps throuhg Start Menu and Search bar on windows10.

Hi Indrik,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if some system files is corrupt.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• Are you getting any error message when you click on Start Menu?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in Microsoft Help Article about Start menu issues and also try to start Windows Search service. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I recommend you to refer to the suggestion provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Search services
    and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows Search.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using Start Menu and search bar, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update

1. Search bar below next the start menu is not working after i don't know which update - Similar Threads - Search bar below

2. Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11: Hey guys, I got a new gaming desktop, setting it up was going well for the most part, I was just downloading apps when it suddenly stopped letting me use the settings, search bar and start menu, this is driving me insane, I tried accessing settings through run, I tried...
  3. Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu, settings and search bars don't work on windows 11: Hey guys, I got a new gaming desktop, setting it up was going well for the most part, I was just downloading apps when it suddenly stopped letting me use the settings, search bar and start menu, this is driving me insane, I tried accessing settings through run, I tried...
  4. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  5. My search bar and start menu not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My search bar and start menu not working.: My Search and Start Menu not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-and-start-menu-not-working/145bb92f-194e-48b4-8cf1-bb8560e32f9e
  6. start menu search bar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu search bar not working: Whenever I click on Start or press the Windows key the start menu won't open. Also, I can't use my search bar. Another problem is that most of my programs that I have installed won't open. For example, whenever I click on Word, Excel, or any app it just keep reloading and...
  7. Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu

Cannot type in search bar next to Start menu: I am unable to use the search bar next to the Start menu in Windows 10 because it will not accept characters when I try to type. It was working a few days ago. I have tried every fix I could find, and spent hours trying to fix it with no results....
  8. Search is not working after I don't know which update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search is not working after I don't know which update: As the title says, tapping on the search bar next to the start menu does nothing, i tried restarting and everything, still is not working submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93 [link] [comments]...
  9. Start menu and search bar not working

Start menu and search bar not working: When I click on start menu or search bar nothing happen's, this is the same when I try to use the windows button to open the start menu but it works for other things such as windows + L to lock the screen. This the same across all account's on my computer even if I create new...
  10. Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know which update broke the ability to type in the search and Start menu?: I cannot even type in the settings menu. This happened after recently updating. submitted by /u/Left4Head [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g78rrq/anyone_know_which_update_broke_the_ability_to/