Windows 10: Search bar, can't type anything

Discus and support Search bar, can't type anything in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by jmnoel, Jul 20, 2022.

1. jmnoel Win User

Search bar, can't type anything

Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll following this but did not change anything eitherhttps://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.htmlAlso tried forcing ctfmon.exe on startup, but did not help. Not sure what to do next. Tried fresh install in the past, but always end up with some windows update issues at some point.

:)

jmnoel, Jul 20, 2022
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    Fix Windows Update errors via DISM or System Update Readiness tool - Windows Server | Microsoft Docs

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jul 20, 2022
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Search bar stuck while trying to type in the search bar

Hello DhananjayaSwain,

We would like to know more information regarding your concern so that we will know why the search bar is not working. Have you recently made any changes/updates prior to this issue?

Did you run the troubleshooter to rebuild the indexing? If not, I would suggest that you run the troubleshooter to fix common indexing issue. You can run the troubleshooter by performing these steps:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type
      Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Troubleshoot in the results.
    • Under Find and fix other problems highlight
      Search and Indexing then click Run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Jul 20, 2022
Thema:

1. Search bar, can't type anything - Similar Threads - Search bar can't

2. Search bar, can't type anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  3. Search bar, can't type anything

in Cortana
    Search bar, can't type anything: Hi, a couple weeks ago the search bar stopped working in windows windows 10 Pro. Cannot type anything. Search in windows explorer is also not working.I tried the troubleshooter and DISM tool without any success.Also tried a repair install with a usb media creation tooll...
  4. Can't open settings or type anything into search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't open settings or type anything into search bar: Hello! I have a HUGEEEEEE problem because i can't use the search bar or the settings menu OR THE CONTROL PANEL, which i desperately need right now and if i can it just starts flickering like i'm vigorously scrolling down, i try to scroll up but it's just bottoming out by...
  5. I can't type anything in my search bar

in Cortana
    I can't type anything in my search bar: So recently I've had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed and I wasn't able to open it again. I did so by downloading the media creation tool on another computer making a recovery usb and reinstalling windows, admittedly it wasn't the cleanest recovery and I...
  6. Can't type anything in the Windows search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows search bar: For some reason, I'm not able to type anything in the Windows search bar. It either gets stuck whilst typing, or it just crashes. I've done the Windows troubleshooting for Search and Indexing, but unfortunately, that didn't help at all. Could anyone please guide me with...
  7. Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t type on search bar/type anything in windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/finsterer1020 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jihipv/cant_type_on_search_bartype_anything_in_windows/
  8. Can't type anything on task search bar and file explorer

in Cortana
    Can't type anything on task search bar and file explorer: Earlier today while organizing my files all of a sudden when I tried to search that type of file instead of usually typing up the words I need to get a group of the same file, it would highlight the first letter down on my current folder. For example Jack, James, Jermy, etc....
  9. Cant type anything in search bar

in Cortana
    Cant type anything in search bar: HEY im Reinout and i got a problem with the searchbar i cant type something in it yesterday i did a update but before that everything was ok but now i cant type something Hope someone nows something Regards Reinout...
  10. Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
    Can't type anything in the Windows 10 search bar: I have tried to do the workaround fix posted in this community previously involving running pasting "C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe" in the search bar and running it, to get typing in the Windows search bar working again. This is related to the language bar apparently....