Windows 10: Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

Discus and support Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Geoo78, Feb 27, 2021.

1. Geoo78 Win User

Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing.

:)

Geoo78, Feb 27, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

photos or logos appearing in search bar when looking for something.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are getting images while using the search bar in Google Chrome. I see that this a new feature that’s been introduced in Google Chrome version 75.0.3770.80.

However, I would like to let you know that you can take off the photos that are displayed while you search for something by following the steps listed below. Kindly follow the same and see if it works:

1. Open Chrome browser and copy paste the following string into the Chrome address bar:
      chrome://flags/#omnibox-rich-entity-suggestions
    2. Press Enter, and choose ‘Omnibox Rich Entity Suggestions’ option to
      Disabled from the drop down menu.
    3. Close the browser and relaunch it.

For further queries, I would suggest you to get in touch with the
    Google support
    team and they will help you with this.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 27, 2021
  3. How to clear the search record at the search bar on Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience happened. We are glad to help you.

Please share this:

• Which search bar are you referring to?

• Is it the search bar in file explorer or the search bar on desktop (cortana and search)?
    If you are referring to the search bar in file explorer, I suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if it helps:
    (to delete a specific entry)

• Open File Explorer.

• Click/tap inside the Search box, then select (highlight) the search suggestion (ex:
      ttt) that you want to delete, and press the Delete key.

• You will not notice that it has been deleted.

• Repeat if you would like to delete another one.

To clear all search entries, follow this:

• Click/tap on the Download button below to download the .bat file below, then
      run it.

Clear_Search_History_in_File_Explorer.bat

2. If prompted, click/tap on Run.

NOTE: If you like, you can stop getting the Run prompt by
    unblocking

the downloaded .bat file

3. You will now notice a command prompt quickly open and close while applying the changes to your registry.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 27, 2021
  4. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 27, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

1. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it. - Similar Threads - Search Bar closing

2. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  3. Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar opens late and closes as soon as I click on the search bar to search something,...: When I press the windows key, the search bars appears slightly delayed, and the search bar closes when I click on it. This only started recently, and I have tried a lot to fix it, including SFC scans, rebuilding the search index, changing the search to enhanced, backing up...
  4. When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped

in Cortana
    When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped: This is what happens when i search in the bar, i dont know why it crops like that, it started happening some weeks ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-search-something-in-the-search-bar-the/1d95f38a-2b95-4fde-b722-a36c943da2a7
  5. When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped: This is what happens when i search in the bar, i dont know why it crops like that, it started happening some weeks ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-search-something-in-the-search-bar-the/1d95f38a-2b95-4fde-b722-a36c943da2a7
  6. When i search something in the search bar, the results get cropped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing: Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my windows start button either by clicking on it and I have to use the windows button instead but it would still close sometimes. A...
  8. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something: Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this issue? After some digging I saw that a lot of people were getting this same problem this week which makes me think it has...
  9. web page closes when i try to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page closes when i try to search: I am surprised that this page hasn't closed because the web page usually closes when I try to search or fill out a form. Have no idea; have tried to find answers....no clue. thank you for your consideration of this matter....
  10. When i try to search something,it gives me something different

in Windows 10 Support
    When i try to search something,it gives me something different: when i try to search for something, example "when",i will get Shampoo for Dandruff and all the stuff which i dint serch for.i really dont know what is going on, help me. 129245