Windows 10: Search bar crashes once before it begins working

Discus and support Search bar crashes once before it begins working in Cortana to solve the problem; I have the taskbar set to show search icon. Every once in a while, when I click the search icon, the search UI shows for a second then auto closes and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Dennis Lee poi, Feb 2, 2020.

1. Search bar crashes once before it begins working

I have the taskbar set to show search icon.

Every once in a while, when I click the search icon, the search UI shows for a second then auto closes and goes to Start menu? can't remember for sure I have to exit that then click the search icon again to make it work.

What logs can I check to find the cause of the issue?

Windows 10 1909 build 18363.592

:)

Dennis Lee poi, Feb 2, 2020

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 2, 2020
  3. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Feb 2, 2020
  4. Dragunda Win User

Search bar crashes once before it begins working

apps crashing and search bar is not working

My apps were crashing as soon as I open it

Example- Groove music, mail,OneNote.My search bar is also not working

Dragunda, Feb 2, 2020
Thema:

Search bar crashes once before it begins working

1. Search bar crashes once before it begins working - Similar Threads - Search bar crashes

2. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar crash: Hi everyonesearch application on windows 10problem date StatusStopped working 2023 Report sentDetalesProblem Event Name: MoAppCrashPackage Full Name: Microsoft.Windows.Search_1.14.10.19041_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewyApplication Name: praid:CortanaUIand the error continue...
  3. Search bar crash

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar crash: Hi everyone Im having a problem with the search application on windows 10 when I check the problem details it says that the -Stopped working- and "Problem Event Name: MoAppCrash"...
  4. search bar is crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  5. search bar is crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar is crashing: Search bar is not working at all after update. I exhausted all the steps needed with the powershell command and it didnt work. I was able to use it before and I dont like to undo the update to make it fix. Please I need help....
  6. search bar is crashing

in Cortana
  7. search bar crashing

in Cortana
    search bar crashing: Hi why is my search bar crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashing/fc0bdd94-155c-47ec-842e-f8eb25b56885
  8. search bar crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar crashing: Hi why is my search bar crashing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashing/fc0bdd94-155c-47ec-842e-f8eb25b56885
  9. search bar crashes

in Cortana
    search bar crashes: Whenever I open search bar it crashes. Even unable to search any program in start. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-crashes/968dcbbf-9215-433b-8271-8b968bc736ff
  10. Before I begin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Before I begin: Background: Last year I decided to upgrade my HP desktop to Win 10 from Win 7 Pro. Result? BSOD! (And, of course, near cardiac arrest). It took almost two days before I was able to restore to Win 7 and in the process discovered that apparently there was an "incompatible...