Windows 10: Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

Discus and support Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, I did a system reset without removing Apps & files using the option highlighted below [ATTACH] After the reset, I reinstalled Apps that have... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MicroBW, May 23, 2020.

1. MicroBW Win User

Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

Hi, I did a system reset without removing Apps & files using the option highlighted below

Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset 1ff1492d-bebe-470f-9760-1c81f829c815?upload=true.png

After the reset, I reinstalled Apps that have been removed by the reset process, then the search bar can no longer display Apps' icons properly. This issue only appear to happen on reinstalled Apps while they are displayed on the search bar. Icons are working fine on the start menu and desktop. Rebuilding the icon cache has been tried but that didn't work.

Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset 1ebf0ba1-ced5-471b-9f86-87d00e070cce?upload=true.png

Thanks.

:)

MicroBW, May 23, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, May 23, 2020
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, May 23, 2020
  4. Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

Windows APPS ICON NOT SHOWING PROPERLY on taskbar

It's been couple of days since I upgraded my system to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Everything is working fine except this nasty error. If I pin apps to taskbar or run apps , the app icons on the taskbar are shown as white square. And I am seeing the same thing on Apps & Feature settings list. The icons are there but as the backgrounds are shown as grey-white chequered pattern (for the transparency ), it looks like white squares. Rebuilt the icon cache but to no avail.
    Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset [​IMG]

Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset [​IMG]
    And on the start menu everything looks fine.

HyperionFumed, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset

1. Search bar does not show App icon properly after system reset - Similar Threads - Search bar does

2. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  3. Icons not showing on search bar

in Cortana
    Icons not showing on search bar: I am using windows 10 home edition and idont know how this problem came but this looks too bad to see icons are not showing on searching something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/icons-not-showing-on-search-bar/5e71b2ae-adcb-4cdf-880a-db9ed674bf22
  4. Icons not showing on search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. App icon not showing correctly in search bar

in Cortana
    App icon not showing correctly in search bar: When searching for apps in the search bar the app icons comes up with an icon that is not correct. I have only had this problem since I updated my windows earlier today. I have restarted windows explorer, my pc, windows search, and app icon cache. I have also done a repair...
  6. Icons Blank In Search Bar After Reset

in Cortana
    Icons Blank In Search Bar After Reset: After resetting my computer, I installed some applications which were installed before reset but their icons are blank when I search them. I have tried rebuilding icon cache and reecreating the shortcuts but it didn't work....
  7. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  8. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
    Application icon not showing properly in search: I am unable to view the application icons as well as microsoft office in the start though it is installed. on second user it is working properly. Please solve this issue...
  9. Application icon not showing properly in search

in Cortana
    Application icon not showing properly in search: Hi! I also have this problem. 1. Deleting IconCache and rebooting did not help 2. Creating a different account has the correct icons for 2nd account but when I come back to my account, icons are missing. From what I can tell it happened after updating to 1903...
  10. Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store apps icons not showing in search bar.: Hi. Since some time, my windows apps icons in the search box doesn't show up. This only happens with windows store installed apps, and for the store itself. [ATTACH] Do someone have an idea on how to fix this? I really have no clue. Thanks :...