Windows 10: Search bar doesn't find an installed app

Discus and support Search bar doesn't find an installed app in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello. I saw in control panel I have an aplicationamd radeon settings at uninstall sections. I right clicked on desktop and amd settings were not... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Hantbill, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Hantbill Win User

Search bar doesn't find an installed app

Hello. I saw in control panel I have an aplicationamd radeon settings at uninstall sections. I right clicked on desktop and amd settings were not showing up. I went to start menu, and the app were not here, too. So I searched in the search bar for amd settings. Windows was not finding anything. Just "search on bing". I don't know on which folder is located the appI know its in AMD folder but I don't know where the folder is so I can't acces radeon setting. I also don't have a shortcout What should I do? if I don't find a fix then I am going to ask on amd community Please tell me how to find the app...

:)

Hantbill, Jan 11, 2021
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Search bar doesn't find an installed app [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jan 11, 2021
  3. Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jan 11, 2021
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Search bar doesn't find an installed app - Similar Threads - Search bar doesn't

2. Windows Search Bar doesn't search in files contents

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar doesn't search in files contents: Many times per day in my work i need to search for files containing some word. I have windows indexing service running and up untill approx. 15 - 20 ago everything worked as it should. I mean i press the windows key in my keyboard, i start writing the word that i' m looking...
  3. Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search finds uninstalled apps and does not find recently installed apps: Hi everyone, I have a problem with Windows Search, it seems to be bugged.It finds apps that I have uninstalled (plex is an example), and it doesn't find new installed apps (parsec). I've tried to uninstall and reinstall again some apps (ccleaner as an example), and it still...
  4. Long search bar doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long search bar doesn't appear: Hello, recently I wanted to change my search icon to be the search field but I can't find this option by right clicking on search icon, is there a reason why it doesn't appear? submitted by /u/Danon221 [link] [comments]...
  5. Search bar doesn't search internet

in Cortana
    Search bar doesn't search internet: The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that...
  6. Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Bar Search Not Finding Everything: So, recently finally updated to Windows 10. Yeah, I know, I'm late. I have this folder \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\KenStuff in which I have a bunch of shortcuts. and some RDP connection files. In Windows 7 when I searched the start bar and typed,...
  7. Windows search bar doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows search bar doesn't work: Hi, After installing update on 5th february 2020 my windows search box. I have done everything to solve this including 1many restarts in a row, 2Ending task id searchUI.exe, 3Rebuilding index, 4Powershell Commands, 5Restarting windows search service from services.msc...
  8. Search doesn't find executables that are idexed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search doesn't find executables that are idexed: Hello Usually when you hit start and begin typing the name of the program you want to start, it shows up right away, right? I have a clean install of windows 10 on my C: drive and programs on the F: drive that are from when I used w7 (not ok i know but if a program stops...
  9. Search doesn't find web shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't find web shortcuts: I have a program group that contains a bunch of shortcuts. Some are applications. Some are shortcut links to web pages or web-based control panels. The problem is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, searching doesn't find the web shortcuts. For example, "Password...
  10. Search bar in taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in taskbar doesn't work: I have the "Search the web and Windows" bar in my taskbar but I can't type anything into it. If I go to "File Explorer" in the start panel, I can search for files. This worked in the past and I don't know what might have happened to make it stop working. I'm still...