Windows 10: Search bar doesn't search internet

Discus and support Search bar doesn't search internet in Cortana to solve the problem; The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ReadyOrNot, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Search bar doesn't search internet

The Search bar/button next to the Start menu button no longer searches the internet, only local files and settings. Until recently I used to be able to type in something to search for and it would search my local computer AND the the internet. Did something change that disabled that? Is there a way to turn it back on?

:)

ReadyOrNot, Apr 20, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Apr 20, 2020
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Apr 20, 2020
  4. rtwjunkie Win User

Search bar doesn't search internet

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

rtwjunkie, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Search bar doesn't search internet

1. Search bar doesn't search internet - Similar Threads - Search bar doesn't

2. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Cortana
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  3. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  4. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable internet searches in the search bar?: I only use my search bar to locate local files and never want it to search online unless I’m using my web browser. Every solution I see online is either very outdated or involved messing with the registry. submitted by /u/loki0203 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Search Bar doesn't search in files contents

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar doesn't search in files contents: Many times per day in my work i need to search for files containing some word. I have windows indexing service running and up untill approx. 15 - 20 ago everything worked as it should. I mean i press the windows key in my keyboard, i start writing the word that i' m looking...
  7. Long search bar doesn't appear

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Long search bar doesn't appear: Hello, recently I wanted to change my search icon to be the search field but I can't find this option by right clicking on search icon, is there a reason why it doesn't appear? submitted by /u/Danon221 [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows search bar doesn't work

in Cortana
    Windows search bar doesn't work: Hi, After installing update on 5th february 2020 my windows search box. I have done everything to solve this including 1many restarts in a row, 2Ending task id searchUI.exe, 3Rebuilding index, 4Powershell Commands, 5Restarting windows search service from services.msc...
  9. Internet search not working from the search task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Internet search not working from the search task bar: Hi, internet search is not working when I ask a question in the task bar from windows. It was working before but not cannot search anything. Could you tell me how can I fix this please? (Please open my attachment.)[ATTACH]...
  10. Search bar in taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Search bar in taskbar doesn't work: I have the "Search the web and Windows" bar in my taskbar but I can't type anything into it. If I go to "File Explorer" in the start panel, I can search for files. This worked in the past and I don't know what might have happened to make it stop working. I'm still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. search bar doesnt open internet

2. cant search internet with windows search bar