Windows 10: search bar doing nothing

Discus and support search bar doing nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; the search bar in windows 10 by the windows icon does nothing, does not even search let along find anything 139939 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Wood, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Wood Win User

search bar doing nothing

the search bar in windows 10 by the windows icon does nothing, does not even search let along find anything

:)

Wood, Sep 5, 2019

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 5, 2019
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 5, 2019
  4. search bar doing nothing

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

search bar doing nothing

1. search bar doing nothing - Similar Threads - search bar doing

2. Missing app still appearing in search bar, clicked on it but nothing is opening.

in Cortana
    Missing app still appearing in search bar, clicked on it but nothing is opening.: An agent from Microsoft asked me to restart my pc after an issue, which then deleted all my applications. When I come back, I tried to reinstall Valorant, all was going well, until I found a couple files that were not functioning as they should. I deleted them but they still...
  3. Missing app still appearing in search bar, clicked on it but nothing is opening.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing app still appearing in search bar, clicked on it but nothing is opening.: An agent from Microsoft asked me to restart my pc after an issue, which then deleted all my applications. When I come back, I tried to reinstall Valorant, all was going well, until I found a couple files that were not functioning as they should. I deleted them but they still...
  4. Missing app still appearing in search bar, clicked on it but nothing is opening.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar: When I go into settings, file search or even the search bar in the bottom left.My computer constantly clicks the search bar.It doesn't do this on google chrome or any other non windows software.I have tried replacing my mouse and this did not work.Why is it doing this? It...
  6. Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon

in Cortana
    Nothing happen when I click teh search bar icon: Nothing except cortana popping up for a second in task manager and closing againI have tried:Another user accountrestartingupdatingPasting a long command in the Powershell Dont remember the commandDoing the one system scan thingy in CMD everything fineI am a bit new to...
  7. Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't write in search bar, and hit enter in calculator does nothing: It is a really annoying problem, it has happened to me twice already. I had to reinstall windows again to be able to fix it the first time. Like I said, from one moment to the next, I can't type in the search bar of windows explorer. Also pressing enter in the windows...
  8. Search Bar

Search Bar: After the latest update, I can type no more than three characters in the search bar next to the start button. I'm on version Version 1909 Build 18363.959. Any suggestions? Thanks for any help you can offer. submitted by /u/patco81 [link] [comments]...
  9. search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    search bar: Can I remove the search bar? I find it irritating and I don't use Chrome. 157359
  10. Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be??

Nothing shows up on my W10 search bar. Why could this be??: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/mastertech8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezarke/nothing_shows_up_on_my_w10_search_bar_why_could/