Windows 10: Search Bar Glitch

Discus and support Search Bar Glitch in Cortana to solve the problem; After updating to latest version search bar color sometimes changes and looks like this and when I hover the mouse cursor over it, It becomes normal..... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Jazz911, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Jazz911 Win User

Search Bar Glitch

After updating to latest version search bar color sometimes changes and looks like this and when I hover the mouse cursor over it, It becomes normal.. It's really bothering me.. please give some solution.. Thanks Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 21H1 Installed on ‎24-‎08-‎2020 OS build 19043.1055 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0

:)

Jazz911, Jun 24, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 24, 2021
  3. SiTurl Win User
    Start search bar is glitching.

Hi there,

When I try and type in the search bar on the bottom left hand side of my screen it just glitches.

I can type (for example) "sniping tool" and nothing shows and when I press the enter key nothing happens either.

Search Bar Glitch :(

Any idea why ?

SiTurl, Jun 24, 2021
  4. fussybob Win User

Search Bar Glitch

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar Glitch

1. Search Bar Glitch - Similar Threads - Search Bar Glitch

2. search bar glitching

in Windows 10 Customization
    search bar glitching: I've been experiencing search bar glitching for a long time. i don't know how to explain it briefly so I'll paste a picture. please help me with this issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-glitching/3645429e-28bb-4a9b-9889-6160479cd55e
  3. Search bar color glitch

Search bar color glitch: I've been having issues with my computers for a few weeks now and I've been trying different tests to figure what was going on. I ended up formating my computer today to see if that would put an end to these issues. One of them has been that sometime, for no apparent reason,...
  4. Search bar glitches and changes colour

in Cortana
    Search bar glitches and changes colour: The problem started after updating windows feature update 21H1. I believe this is the issue because while downloading, I accidently closed settings which may have corrupted some files. Windows update also showed such error message so I had to download it again. I tried to...
  5. Search bar showing a glitch.

in Cortana
    Search bar showing a glitch.: I've been seeing this problem from about a week or so, it's been only 3 months I've purchased this PC. Please help, the details of my PC are :Edition - Windows 10 Home Single LanguageVersion - 21H1OS build - 19043.1023 Experience - Windows Feature Experience Pack...
  6. Windows search bar glitching

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows search bar glitching: I have a problem on my pc,the search bar isn’t working when i turn on my pc,i should write something in RUN to activate it,but when pc restarts it automatically stops working,i should do that thing everytime,is there any solution? submitted by /u/Ron-Fetahu [link]...
  7. Cortana Search Bar Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Glitches: Tried running all the troubleshooters for my Microsoft surface pro 6, all are up to date and were unable to fix this glitch. This has been bothering me very much for the past couple of days....
  8. Start search bar is glitching.

Start search bar is glitching.: Hi there, When I try and type in the search bar on the bottom left hand side of my screen it just glitches. I can type (for example) "sniping tool" and nothing shows and when I press the enter key nothing happens either. :( Any idea why ?...
  9. Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Sometimes Glitches: Sometimes, when I'm on my computer, and I want to search up something with the search box, and I click on the Cortana icon, the search menu suddenly closes and I can't open it: when I try, it just closes the menu after half of a second. It's pretty easy to solve this issue, I...
  10. Cortana Search bar glitch?

in Cortana
    Cortana Search bar glitch?: So I tried to fix the problem by restarting cortana- nothing. It happens everytime I try to look something on the search bar or use the home button. Its annoying and I really don't know what's happening or what to do.[ATTACH]...