Windows 10: Search bar gone black

Discus and support Search bar gone black in Cortana to solve the problem; My search bar has gone black! When I click on it and start to type a visible drop down appears showing that I am actually typing something but you... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by DorianDando, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Search bar gone black

My search bar has gone black! When I click on it and start to type a visible drop down appears showing that I am actually typing something but you cannot see anything in the search bar.

:)

DorianDando, Jul 24, 2020

2. Search bar gone black

My search bar has gone black! When I click on it and start to type a visible drop down appears showing that I am actually typing something but you cannot see anything in the search bar.

DorianDando, Jul 26, 2020
  3. sml156 Win User
    Language bar gone Search bar gone black :(

Use Cortana in Windows 10 and search for Add a language and it should be at the top of the list.

Search bar gone black [​IMG]

Or type in Language to go to the control panel.

Search bar gone black [​IMG]

sml156, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Search bar gone black

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Search bar gone black

1. Search bar gone black - Similar Threads - Search bar gone

2. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  3. Search box gone from the task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box gone from the task bar?: The search box on the left side of the taskbar is gone since I upgraded to Windows 11. Can I put that search box back on the task bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-gone-from-the-task-bar/e33f10e2-4375-4b18-a5f4-6f126d449d35
  4. Web search gone from windows search bar!

in Cortana
    Web search gone from windows search bar!: I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-search-gone-from-windows-search-bar/2f7e62a3-c9c3-4e40-9bd3-347f58f01e61
  5. Black Search Bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black Search Bar: So basically, I want a black search bar in Windows 10 2004 nothing else just my search bar is there any way to change it to black without changing the other applications? submitted by /u/Nukkusu [link] [comments]...
  6. black search bar

black search bar: [ATTACH] how to get rid this black search bar thing in my laptop it annoys me always, I deleted chromium but it's still there, but I still doubt that its from chromium or not, pls help......
  7. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Calculation Gone

Windows 10 Search Bar Calculation Gone: Hi all! I've noticed in the last month the calculation functionality in the Windows 10 Start menu search is gone. I used to be able to click the Windows key, and in the Start menu search bar type something like "2*2" and see the result. Now it seems to be completely gone, and...
  9. Windows search bar blacked out

in Cortana
    Windows search bar blacked out: Hello, My windows search bar is not working and only shows a black screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-bar-blacked-out/26330fe7-494c-4481-b8e4-8f4410d058a1"
  10. Search Bar in Open Dialog Box gone missing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar in Open Dialog Box gone missing.: Since this week, the Search Box/Bar on the far right top of the Open Dialog box in my Endnote application has gone missing. I have checked with the Endnote application team and they to are not able to see it working with Windows 10. It is essential as it is need to search...