Windows 10: Search Bar graphical bug

Discus and support Search Bar graphical bug in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am experiencing a grapical bug with the windows search bar, it looks like this:What happened before this issue appeared is the following: I left my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TheFibonacciEffect, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Search Bar graphical bug

I am experiencing a grapical bug with the windows search bar, it looks like this:What happened before this issue appeared is the following: I left my Laptop with a low battery in hibernation over night lid closed. I woke up to a bluescreen the following day, something about watchdog, related to the battery power/energy supply.However I do not believe that the two events are connected, correlation does not apply causation after all.The only thing I could come up with so far to address the problem is to upgrade to the latest windows version.

:)

TheFibonacciEffect, Jun 13, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Weird Search Bar Bug

So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this
    Search Bar graphical bug [​IMG]

So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I restarted, I shut down and turn on, none of them worked. Anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

bruhmomento, Jun 13, 2021
  4. Menemsha Win User

Search Bar graphical bug

Two steps to get to Google search bar with favourites, rather than one

Running Windows 10.
    Not familiar with terminology but since having a bug cleared from computer, now when I click the Google Chrome icon on bottom task bar it takes me to google.com.au Then I have to click the + icon at the top to take me to New Tab with blank google search bar at top and the middle with my favourites listed across the top and in the middle.
    In other words two steps instead of one.

I can't figure out how to get to what I had originally with all my favourites listed at first click.

Can someone help me please.
    Thanks

Menemsha, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

Search Bar graphical bug

1. Search Bar graphical bug - Similar Threads - Search Bar graphical

2. My Search Bar Is Crashing and Bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Search Bar Is Crashing and Bugging: Hello,So for about 4-5 months or so my Windows Search Bar has not been working and crashing every time. If I remember I did nothing to make the search bar like this. One day I just tried to search and it crashed, I have read and applied actions from learn.microsoft and videos...
  3. search bar bug

in Cortana
    search bar bug: i am having a bug in search bar, as soon as i open any other window or start my laptop y search bar goes smaller and look like this :any solution for this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bug/b6104e7d-b101-4291-acef-b3fe07935f7e
  4. Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bug: Can someone help me with this? The search bar appears to have some bugs. It appears every startup, and goes back to normal when I click. But at some time, the bug will re-appear for unknown reason. Though still functional. THis might not be a big deal for others, but for me,...
  5. Search Bar Bugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search Bar Bugged: Search bar breaks when I use my mic I'm on dark mode by the way. Any clue what this is? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-bugged/120e0fc1-d16d-4189-a070-bcf11b0238c6
  6. Weird Visual Bug With Search Bar

in Cortana
    Weird Visual Bug With Search Bar: Only occasionally will it appear. But when it does, I have to mouse over it to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-visual-bug-with-search-bar/cad477ce-1354-4b22-8100-94d15e9f2e49
  7. my search bar bugs

in Cortana
    my search bar bugs: my search bar bugs everytime i open another app or resolution and etc and it highlights blue around it which is very annoying please help me with this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-bugs/76d66253-0103-4c6c-be14-2d5d7f379a33
  8. windows search bar bug

in Cortana
    windows search bar bug: I updates the windows after freshly dowloading windows and also updates the apps to new versions as well but some how my windows search bar shows the old version of app and my start menu shows the new version please help me with this...
  9. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  10. Windows 10 search bar bug!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 search bar bug!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prodTheTagRapper [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j0u4r4/windows_10_search_bar_bug/