Windows 10: search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...

Discus and support search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i'm unable to reset chrome as my search engine. yahoo shows up and i removed it from the list in settings. I'm unable to get into the msn mail. i don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by paulaE., Jun 12, 2019 at 11:17 PM.

1. paulaE. Win User

search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...

i'm unable to reset chrome as my search engine. yahoo shows up and i removed it from the list in settings. I'm unable to get into the msn mail. i don't want to reset chrome to default. please help

also search bar in start up page is missing as are my original thumbnails. i don't have viruses

thanks

Paula

:)

2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

4. rtwjunkie Win User

search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit...

Search Question

Which is why I suggested he try there instead. TPU is too limited of a user base to search here alone for anything gaming related.

Thema:

1. search bar imssing in chrome, thumbnails imssing, hyahoo is doing the search. i can't edit... - Similar Threads - search bar imssing

2. chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chrome thumbnails missing and search bar in the middle of the chrome home page missing: after resetting my default search engine i have yahoo iconin the search bar and these things missing on my home page. please don't tell me to go to chrome support because they are not helpful. they either don't answer or cn't follow the question. i have windows 10 and I will...
  3. Search bar

in Cortana
    Search bar: After installing the latest update for windows 10 from microsoft updates I noticed that I'm unable to type anything into the search bar. I've tried several things found on various windows forums with no success. I've also uninstalled the said latest update but no joy. Is...
  4. Failed to search in search bar

in Cortana
    Failed to search in search bar: Hello, I am running Win10 Home and I just discovered today that its search bar can't perform searching. Each time I have to restarted the Windows Explorer through Task Manger to make the search run again. I don't have Cortana. It is not seen in the Task Manager. I have...
  5. WIndows Search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIndows Search bar: I just had a new install of Windows 10 home on a new HD. Windows search bar doesn't work, can't even type into it. I have tried shutting it off in task manager, but that didn't work....
  6. Search Bar not producing search results.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search Bar not producing search results.: As the title says, search bar is yeliding no search results. I use it to launch games, change sound sources and such. It will still give the option for web results but that is it. It will not find apps, games, settings or anything. I have tried everything short of a reset to...
  7. Search bars edge

in Browsers and Email
    Search bars edge: Is it norm after the latest update to have two search bar.*Confused When I open edge there is one search bar on the very top Then under that is another search bar. I'm using windows 10 home edge and bing as search engine. Any help here Please. Many Thanks.. PS Should...
  8. Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Settings not appearing when I search for them in search bar: Hi I Just bought a new XPS 13 (lowest end model) that came with Microsoft 10 pre-installed (bought it from Microsoft store). my problem is that I cannot search for settings in the main search bar or even the settings search bar, the settings search bar simply doesn't work...
  9. Search result thumbnails issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result thumbnails issue: Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search...
  10. Search for settings entries in the normal search bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Search for settings entries in the normal search bar: I just installed the latest preview build yesterday. And I noticed that some search functionality is now different. I want to be able to search for 'power options' right on the normal search bar. I can no longer do that. I need to first search for settings, open settings app...