Windows 10: search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders

Discus and support search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders in Cortana to solve the problem; in event log recived this below error.Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 16-06-2021 13:23:16 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Manoj K Reddy, Jun 16, 2021.

1. search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders

in event log recived this below error.Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 16-06-2021 13:23:16 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: FSFBBLRSW10993.DISHA.LOCAL Description: Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x51ea1ff4 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1023, time stamp: 0x924f9cdb Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x000000000010b39c Faulting process id: 0x2ae0 Faulting application start time: 0x01d7628

:)

Manoj K Reddy, Jun 16, 2021
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. dalchina Win User
    File folder search function no longer works

I suggest you remove your cloud drive from the equation until it's clear indexing is working on your internal drive. Were you trying to use Windows search indexing to find things only in cloud storage? Items indexed should be as per your Indexing Options. I've certainly never tried using it to index something in cloud storage. Unless that appears as a drive letter you wont be able to specify it in Indexed locations.

Note this discussion about indexing Onedrive as an example:
    OneDrive indexing for WIndows Search – Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...3-88984b798fce

But here Dropbox is reported as being indexed:
    OneDrive Personal does not show up in Indexing Options after moving to C:/OneDrive in Windows 10 - Super User

Does that mean searching indexed locations on your internal drive works?

Otherwise:
    Please check search indexing is working as per post #4.
    Then try open explorer at an indexed folder and try searching for a file on your disk.

dalchina, Jun 16, 2021
  4. search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders

Search in File Folder

Hello,

My laptop has Windows 10, and there was a Windows Update completed earlier. I don't know if this is a coincidence or not but the following problem was not prevalent until now.

When I open a file folder and type in my search request, the search box no longer has characters type inside the box. I get a drop down list of suggestions with a clock like symbol to the left of the suggestions. This has been very frustrating as I have
    been trying to change this for the past 45 minutes back to how my search was before.

I just want to be able to type in my search in the search box and have what I type spelled out in the search box like before- and bring up my requested files.

Please help me get my file folder search box to work like before.

Frustrated.

Thank you,

Tommy

tommy seaghdha, Jun 16, 2021
Thema:

search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders

1. search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders - Similar Threads - search bar drives

2. search files in hebrew is not working , i am able to search only in english any idea how to...

in Cortana
    search files in hebrew is not working , i am able to search only in english any idea how to...: i am trying to search files in hebrew and the result is that there are no files, though i know there are files . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-files-in-hebrew-is-not-working-i-am-able-to/26a0a1ac-80ab-4e1b-b393-6220dfd0ff94
  3. search files in hebrew is not working , i am able to search only in english any idea how to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search files in hebrew is not working , i am able to search only in english any idea how to...: i am trying to search files in hebrew and the result is that there are no files, though i know there are files . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-files-in-hebrew-is-not-working-i-am-able-to/26a0a1ac-80ab-4e1b-b393-6220dfd0ff94
  4. search files in hebrew is not working , i am able to search only in english any idea how to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar not working any more

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar not working any more: After renaming administrator account, login with the new name in the system, the search bar doesn't work anymore. How can a rename the administrator built-in account without this issue?...
  6. Search bar not working any more

Search bar not working any more: After renaming administrator account, login with the new name in the system, the search bar doesn't work anymore. How can a rename the administrator built-in account without this issue?...
  7. I am using Windows. 11. Why I am not able to search anything on windows search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am using Windows. 11. Why I am not able to search anything on windows search bar?: I tried searching on windows search bar but it's not responding. I tried the fixes suggested online but nothing worked. What is the purpose of search bar if it's not searching anything....
  8. I am using Windows. 11. Why I am not able to search anything on windows search bar?

I am using Windows. 11. Why I am not able to search anything on windows search bar?: I tried searching on windows search bar but it's not responding. I tried the fixes suggested online but nothing worked. What is the purpose of search bar if it's not searching anything....
  9. Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10

in Cortana
    Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10: I'm not able to type anything or search through any search bar present in any windows application. Be it Cortana, File Explorer, Search settings, or even in the Start menu. I've tried out many different ways for this problem. This has already happened to me and I had to reset...
  10. Files and Folders search bar is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files and Folders search bar is not working: It seems as though the last time my Windows 10 did an update, the search bar is not working right. It comes up blank even when there are definitely files that should. I've tried a few "fixes" that did not. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really need to fix this for my...