Windows 10: Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

Discus and support Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions?... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RBN27, Jul 15, 2020.

1. RBN27 Win User

Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

Hi,

The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions?

Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after updates have been installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I use the search bar a lot in my job.

:)

RBN27, Jul 15, 2020

2. search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

Task bar search does not work and I have tried all of the recommended steps. Had to recently reinstall Windows 10 64b (preserved personal data) and the search has not worked since.

Suggestions? Recommendations?

Thx

John Vacheresse, Jul 15, 2020
  3. whburling Win User
    search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

HI

Search does not work in task bar. Does work in File Explorer.

Tried another user account on machine....it fails as well in the exact same way.

Any suggestions?

bil

whburling, Jul 15, 2020
  4. CliffSore Win User

search box missing in task bar

I have cortana (whatever that is) in my list of apps but how do I get it to the task bar to make this work?

1. Right on the task bar and select
    Cortana.

2. Click on Show search bar.

Check if this helps.

If you are on tablet mode, the search bar will not appear.

CliffSore, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working - Similar Threads - Search Bar explorer

2. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  3. Search bar in task bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in task bar: Can someone PLEASE tell me where I can find the option to deactivate suggestions and activate recent open things, I know it's somewhere because I activated it in the past, but after a recent format I can't find it anymore and I am going nuts! : :...
  4. Task bar search is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  5. Task bar search is not working

Task bar search is not working: In Windows 10 taskbar, the search option is not working, in fact, I am unable to type. I have tried many options to repair it but nothing worked. Please help....
  6. Task bar search is not working

in Cortana
  7. start button and search bar working on the task bar

start button and search bar working on the task bar: Hiright someone please help me out here, both of the start button and search bar at the bottom on the task bar are irresponsible. went to settings-personalisation-taskbar and search isn’t even there to click never mind it being off. i don’t know if somethings deleted or...
  8. Search Bar and Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar and Explorer not working: Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after opening the folder again. While trying to fix the problem I also discovered that my Search Bar closed before I was able to type...
  9. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  10. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...