Windows 10: Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar

Discus and support Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; So yeah, my search bar is totally not responding and it is the same with file explorer's search bar, I restarted the PC, checked for updates and... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Mantas Kaltenis, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar

So yeah, my search bar is totally not responding and it is the same with file explorer's search bar, I restarted the PC, checked for updates and didin't delete anything. Anyone got some ideas?

Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar 0c3bdd6c-652c-4a8c-8350-24606d57a963?upload=true.png Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar ac9459e2-e72b-4a13-9b57-e05ac8b168f4?upload=true.png

:)

Mantas Kaltenis, Jul 24, 2020

2. Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar

So yeah, my search bar is totally not responding and it is the same with file explorer's search bar, I restarted the PC, checked for updates and didin't delete anything. Anyone got some ideas?

Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar 0c3bdd6c-652c-4a8c-8350-24606d57a963?upload=true.png

Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar ac9459e2-e72b-4a13-9b57-e05ac8b168f4?upload=true.png

Mantas Kaltenis, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Search bar in windows file explorer doesn't work

The search bar in my files explorer won't actually search anything, just to make it clear it isn't the search bar on the left but the smaller one on the right that won't actually do anything/highlight anything Screenshot - ae72785c768d4df8a79ce4627f494350 - Gyazo
    I used ctrl+f and it doesn't help. Any help would be great, thanks.

horizonseoulo, Jul 28, 2020
  4. whburling Win User

Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar

search does not work in task bar. DOES work in File Explorer

HI

Search does not work in task bar. Does work in File Explorer.

Tried another user account on machine....it fails as well in the exact same way.

Any suggestions?

bil

whburling, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar

1. Search bar in the left down corner not working, same with file explorer's search bar - Similar Threads - Search bar left

2. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  3. File Explorer Search Bar Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Search Bar Crashes: I have been having the issue of File Explorer search bar freezing up and crashing to just simply not working.Video of Screen Session https://screenrec.com/share/st4HzoVvM6I need some assistance please!...
  4. Search Bar and Explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search Bar and Explorer not working: Two days ago I was navigating through my files then out of nowhere the Explorer crashed, I tried to open it again only for it to crash seconds after opening the folder again. While trying to fix the problem I also discovered that my Search Bar closed before I was able to type...
  5. windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer

in Cortana
    windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer: windows 10 search bar not working or search in file explorer did sfc dism https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-search-bar-not-working-or-search-in/7439bec3-97fa-4e3d-b4fd-946e6db94014
  6. File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working

in Cortana
    File Explorer and Task Bar Search Not Working: Hi, Recently I cannot search for files in the File Explorer search box and the Taskbar search option does not work. I have tried all these Under Task Manager, re-start File Explorer Under Task Manager - Details, cannot find Under File Explorer - View - Options -...
  7. Explorer and task Bar search not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer and task Bar search not working: Build 1904.338 When I click into the search bar the cursor doesnt appear, a black box briefly appears above and I cannot type. The same happens in the File Explorer search box. After many frustrating googles and many blind allys I am stuck trying to find out if the search...
  8. Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working

in Cortana
    Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working: Hi, The Search Bar in explorer and task bar not working, I've tried every possible solution I could find online and nothing works, any suggestions? Even after the latest update on 15/07/20 the issue was still not resolved, I have been having this issue on and off after...
  9. Search button/bar/file explorer not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search button/bar/file explorer not working: I can't click any of the search buttons at all (they don't do anything). I have rebuilt the index, reset apps to default and restarted computer multiple times. I'm on insider build 19041.264 (version 2004). submitted by /u/AeonCaptain [link] [comments]...
  10. File Explorer search bar not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer search bar not working: I've noticed this issue yesterday. When I try to search something in my File Explorer it looks like it's searching but the green bar seems to go on forever. I left it up for an hour and it was still searching when I came back. I even tried to look for files that I knew were...