Windows 10: Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone.

Discus and support Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone. in Cortana to solve the problem; Where did my internet search. It says open in browser. I have tried changing default browser back to edge (Not Dev), resetting default apps, updating... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MegaGecko 25, May 28, 2019.

1. Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone.

Where did my internet search. It says open in browser. I have tried changing default browser back to edge (Not Dev), resetting default apps, updating (i am on 1903 now and i still have that problem), it still works on sandbox, file results show, apps show, Microsoft store downloads work and Cortana works fine. Please Help. Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone. e3de19b6-a21c-41a3-881c-021dc7cca9c5?upload=true.png

:)

MegaGecko 25, May 28, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Turn Off Web Search Results When Searching My Computer

Hi,

If you are pertaining to the Cortana search web results, you can disable it and improve local search results. Follow the steps below to disable web results:

• Click the search bar.
    • Select the Notebook icon on the left pane of the search bar.
    • From the options, select Settings. (Note: On the later versions of Windows, the Settings button might be outside the Notebook icon.)
    • On the Settings, toggle the Cortana gives me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option to
      Off.
    • On the lower part, turn off the Search online and included web results option as well.

See the image as reference to the above steps:

Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone. 7c9e0858-2114-462b-b171-63b6e7d3089d.jpg

After doing the steps, try using search again and see if the web results will now disappear.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post your query anytime.

Anne Ros, May 28, 2019
  3. dcstoked Win User
    how to stop web results showing in search

Same issue.

This is a huge problem for me. I suppose it is mostly mental, but this is where I search for items on my computer. The web results that show and suddenly open a web page is absolutely the most infuriating thing I have ever experienced.

I know I can turn off the search bar, but I want the search bar. I want to look for things that are on my computer, not the internet.

#NO WEB RESULTS #NO OPENING A BROWSER

dcstoked, May 28, 2019
  4. pjfarr Win User

Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone.

Search Everywhere only opens files, not web results

This is referring to the blue "Search Everywhere" panel that slides out from the right, not Cortana or the Start Menu search box.

When I type into it, it'll list my local files on the top, then web results underneath. Clicking any listed local file will open that file, but clicking on any web results doesn't do anything.

Example: If I type in "ASUS", it'll show any file on my PC with ASUS in the name. Under those results, it then lists results from the web like the ASUS website and other ASUS related results like Google or Bing does. Any local document in the list will open from the search results, but no web links will open (nothing happens when clicked on).

Not sure why this is happening. Anyone else experiencing the same thing or know what could be causing this?

pjfarr, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone.

1. Search bar internet results say "open in browser." Web preview is gone. - Similar Threads - Search bar internet

2. Windows 11 Search Bar saying "Open in Browser" and not showing any preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Search Bar saying "Open in Browser" and not showing any preview: For any search, the search bar is showing things like this instead of the preview. Can anyone help me with this? = https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-search-bar-saying-open-in-browser-and/7ed74b1b-d33a-4b80-8e39-d357ad2b0efa
  3. Windows 11 Search Bar saying "Open in Browser" and not showing any preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Search Bar saying "Open in Browser" and not showing any preview: For any search, the search bar is showing things like this instead of the preview. Can anyone help me with this? = https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-search-bar-saying-open-in-browser-and/7ed74b1b-d33a-4b80-8e39-d357ad2b0efa
  4. Start menu web search preview gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu web search preview gone: Hey, everybody! A couple days ago I was able to preview a web search from the start menu. If I typed "translate" I could have also typed in the google translte something and translate it from there. Or make certain operations like 777/12 and the answer would've popped in the...
  5. Web search results

in Cortana
    Web search results: Hi, my name is Sumiyuru I am using a windows 10 home operating system hp I have a problem in the search box, as experienced in my other 2 computers when I search something in the web it immediately gives me web results but in my hp computer in the search box when I search...
  6. Windows Search bar web results not working

in Cortana
    Windows Search bar web results not working: I have been using the Windows Search bar's web results. But, for a few months, it isn't working. I have two Microsoft accounts in my PC, in the other, the search works like a charm, fetching web results. I haven't done any registry tweaks, why would I? I love the web...
  7. Web search gone from windows search bar!

in Cortana
    Web search gone from windows search bar!: I loved web search and used it everyday and now it is somehow gone and I do not know why that is! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-search-gone-from-windows-search-bar/2f7e62a3-c9c3-4e40-9bd3-347f58f01e61
  8. Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Bar Web Search returns no results: My Surface can no longer search the web from the search bar. It still works perfectly fine for local file search, but it will not search the web....
  9. Web search results not included in search bar

in Cortana
    Web search results not included in search bar: To whom it may concern, I updated from Windows 10 Home 1803 to 1903 yesterday June 19th 2019. Everything seemed fine after that until I discovered that the web searches are no longer included in my searches from the search bar. It only displays local content from my docs,...
  10. [Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone.

in Cortana
    [Windows 10] My preview pane for web search results is gone.: I know I'm the black sheep when everybody wants to turn off the web search, but I like how it's convenient. My preview pane for web search doesn't work anymore. It used to show Bing results on the right side when I look something up in the search bar. [ATTACH] It was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. web results in search bar